Delta Wind

ppickerell

Delta Wind

Post by ppickerell »

What was the wind like today (Wed) in Franks? I will be launching at Russo's tomorrow around noon. Will I get my *** kicked?
02 Champion 206 DC Elite
Bobber Lobber
Dan McKenzie

Re: Delta Wind

Post by Dan McKenzie »

you can get realtime weather for the Delta here, search their archives on whats been going on the last 24 hours.

http://lauritzens.com/Weather.asp
Dewayne

Re: Delta Wind

Post by Dewayne »

Was real bad this morning. Here where I am there is a good breeze this after noon. I would not be worried about going out tomorrow. If it is bad just head into Sand Mound or Taylor.
Dewayne
fishwithwill

Re:Got tubed on Folsom today.

Post by fishwithwill »

Surf's up, bro. Speared my first wave on Folsom, today. It came over the bow and my head. Even my labs were scared and shakin'. The only other freshwater place I have been tubed,er, speared a wave was through Frank's. Be careful if the wind is still howling. I would leave a report about the fishing but I might get in trouble for saying what I use and where I buy them. No shoes, no shirt, no freedom.
Bailing on Folsom,
William Wright
RichThiel

Re: Delta Wind (30 miles an hour)

Post by RichThiel »

Franks track and Piper just flat HUGLY today. Wouldn't be surprised to see a Duck Blind or at least decoys on the southwall tomorrow. You could have surfed out their on False River and Franks.

Tomorrow will be calm'er.

Rich
Guide on the California Delta and Lake Berryessa for Largemouth, Smallmouth and Spots. Teach all known techniques with up to date artificial baits.

www.calbassguide.com ,

Best 5 over 7lbs for 09
1- 8lb 3oz
2- 10.73
3- 9.06
4-
5-
ppickerell

Re: Delta Wind (30 miles an hour)

Post by ppickerell »

Yikes! Looks like postponing to Thursday was a good call. Thanks for the replies. Glad I am running a 21 ft Champion! I will probably forgo the run to Big Break and stick near Franks. Got me spooks all shined up and ready.
02 Champion 206 DC Elite
Bobber Lobber