Raiders land first pick!

Sports talk forum
JimmyReese

Raiders land first pick!

Post by JimmyReese »

Finally its over!............

That was like having a tooth pulled without novicane! :shock:

I wish there was a stand out player this year, but honestly maybe there is I didnt pay a lot of attention to the college ranks this year except the pac 10.........

I say trade down to # 5or 6 and get your QB. The problem is it takes 3 years or so to really see results. Even P manning took a few! Now V young has done well but we'll see what happens next year with the sophomore jinx, he does have some good players around him as well. I think the raiders are gunna be bad for awhile!

Now for the Raiders where do you start? We need a whole team! The good news is with moss and porter gone that frees up 15 million dollars. I would spend that on the offensive line right away!

1st pick.....Brady Quinn

Go Colts and Saints!
Jimmy

P.S. Cowboys are in la la land Bob, its hard to say what team will show up! Romo is good , he just needs some experience! Happy new year!
Fishin' Dave

Re: Raiders land first pick!

Post by Fishin' Dave »

1. Trade down for a player and a pick
2. Trade Moss for some picks
3. Trade Porter for some picks
4. Do not bring back Brooks!!!!
5. Get Walter some serious off season training and give him a shot next year.

That should do it. Tops on my list would be:

A running back
A good tight end
Some Offence and Defence lineman
Some recievers.

Lets hope they don't screw it up. I think Art should have the chance at one more season. He needs to go 8-8 or show he's on to something!
Don't be lame. It's just fishing; you are not the new mesiah you know! Check your attitude at the door Mr. Spinners on da boat trailer.
Cooch

This team needs......

Post by Cooch »

leadership and respect. And that ALL starts at the coaching position. And in as much as us Raider fans wanna blame the NFL and the Officials for all the penalties we see, if'n ya get past this myopic vision, it comes back to the coach, discipline and respect. Shell will never git this done for the Raiders. The draft ain't gonna help us here, maybe we should invite Al Davis to a Nutcase event, then take him on a long ride up river! :evil:

The Raiders Defense is not all that bad. 7th in the AFC in Passing yards allowed, 7th in the AFC in rushing yards allowed. They were 10th in the league in points allowed with 361, versus the worst team in the NFL who gave up a whopping 497, the SD Chargers. Where the Raiders defense was weak, was at pressuring the QB. Very low in the sack contest and dead last with interceptions. They need a nasty LB and DL to git after the QB! The Raiders have an exceptional group of DBs.

No way do I think they should waist a 1st rounder here on the D, the offensive line is SOOOO pitiful. Not fixing that first, is moot and problematic if'n they draft a QB, which I don't think they need. Walters is capable of being a very good QB in time. With this O line , keep Brooks around till it's fixed, then insert Walters! :twisted: The Raiders will need some young playmakers, they can find em at reciever and RB, but git the Mooses to protect and open holes up front first!

There are a lot of outstanding players out there for us this year Jimmy! Look what Boise St. did to Oklahoma, ya then got a bunch of teams like Wake, Rutgers, Georgia Tech and a slough of other teams that go beyond the typical Ohio, Michigan, Penn St, Florida, SoCal, Nebraska ta name a few NFL player factories, that have put out some premier college players into this year's draft class.

It'll be a long off season, but we got us a great group of teams in this years Playoff run. For the Raiders, I am glad the pummelling is over, the thrid quarter wuz a nightmare all year long. Pitiful season, toughest part, we knew it was gonna turn out like this! :wink:
Fishin' Dave

Re: This team needs......

Post by Fishin' Dave »

Defence is good now, but you need to plan for the future too. Sapp, Burgess and others aren't getting any younger. So why wait until the defence gets as bad as the offence before drafting? Pick up a lineman this year to learn from the old timers and in a year or two, he'll be the star!

One stat skewed about our defence is the pass defence. With as much as teams can run on us, and when they take the lead, why would they throw? That makes the stats look good.

I think if Art doesn't get it going in '07, promote Rob Ryan from defence coach to head coach in '08
Don't be lame. It's just fishing; you are not the new mesiah you know! Check your attitude at the door Mr. Spinners on da boat trailer.
JimmyReese

Post by JimmyReese »

Cowher as headcoach, shell assistant to someone, ryan stays where he is at.........JUST DRAFT THE BEST "ATHLETE" AVAILABLE! BIG TIME PLAYMAKERS ARE USUALLY THE STRONGEST AND THE FASTEST AND THE SMARTEST.......THAT IS WHO WE SHOULD DRAFT.

Do not do what the Warriors did for ten years which was draft to there need and leave the most athletic guys on the board!.....I know its two differant sports , but you get my drift!

Dave I agree with the trades 100%. Maybe Owens will be available! :lol:

Jimmy
Fishin' Dave

Post by Fishin' Dave »

Just like the hope one day the Raiders would return to Oakland, I hold hope Chucky will return. One day, maybe....

Have you ever considered this............... Rich Gannon as coach?? I like it!
W.C

Post by W.C »

Hey you guys Christmas is 'Over" so stop asking for a gift!!!! :evil: :evil: all you sorry Raider Fans seem to forget that as long as Al Davis is around, you guys are going to pick up some more old RETreds from around the NFL :twisted: :twisted: :evil: , and than waist your 1st round #1 draft pick on the next best Kicker :lol: :lol: :twisted: . afther all Janett Cocksky is getting older and can't fit in those tight tights anymore :lol: :shock: :lol: . or maybe :roll: you guys might get a new punter in the first round. who's the best punter in college right now??? :roll: :shock: :lol: I bet he must be excited. lol ..... you guys still suck!!!!
Number One Raider Hater }}}}-------->>>> Killer W.C thats me. :wink: :evil: :evil: :twisted: Even thow you guys hate me for what i'm saying, YOu know its the truth. except for the part about Janett Cocksky, I think you guys will still keep him since he is the highest scorer on you team and most valuable player as well. Ooch!!! that must hurt. lol :lol: :lol: :twisted:
Cooch

We luv ya W.C.!

Post by Cooch »

Was that a Willey Coyote sighting we just had? I expected better than this from ya! Can I buy you an A.C.M.E. & soda, on the rocks?
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Fishin' Dave

Re: We luv ya W.C.!

Post by Fishin' Dave »

Thanks for putting plenty of pictures in your post. You know Raider fans kan't rread.
W.C

Post by W.C »

Hey Cooch and Dave , you guys know I can't resist slinging some mud on the those Raider :twisted: .....But on the Real!; The Defence, both QB's Brooks and Walters your RB Fargas when he does'nt get hurt :roll: and both your Kicker Jannakalsky and Punter Shane Leckler are all great players that will help in the rebuilding of your team. as for Moss and the rest of the Offence plus Al Davis, You guys must get rid of them or the Rebuilding might take you guys anothere 40 years. :shock:
Hey Cooch !!! I will take that Amsoil on the Rocks!!! lol Peace and Tight lines to you both. Hope this new year brings you guys plenty of Green Hogs on the water. :wink:
Sean Graf

Post by Sean Graf »

Brooks, Walters, Janikowski, and Lechler are great players?

W.C my man, you need to go back to listening some sexy music and discussing it here or something, you absolutely fumbled big time, with the exception to Lechler, not one single player you named is, was, or will ever be great.

Now Moss, he is a damn good receiver, he just needs someone to get him the ball, Brooks should have taken full advantage of him when he had the chance, Walters is just plain not that good, he'll be an o.k backup QB, but thats it.

The Raiders need to do something fast, and they should go after there QB of the future, then go out and sign a veteran QB who will run the team, and teach this young QB at the same time. They need to trade Moss and get some Offensive linemen studs in here fast!

As for the defense, dont let them fool you guys, I know stats are stats, but they were highly overrated, and they need help there also. Cut your ties with Janikowski, Moss, Porter, Sapp and Jordan.

Fargas is NOT the answer, nor is Walters.....

Go out and trade for Duece McAllister, he is the type of back that can do wonders for a team, take a shot at Darrell Jackson, he is a big play type of guy and will probably need a new home this coming season, as for a QB, there aren't many, but you can get someone like a Jake Plummer, or even a Brian Griese , they could both teach a young QB, and play better than what you have at this point in time.

It will be interesting to see what the Raiders do this offseason.
W.C

Post by W.C »

Sean Graft !!! SHHHHHHHHHHAA! I know that the whole team sucks on the Raider buddy, :wink: and that Randy Moss will raise as a great reciever with anothere team, :shock: Shhhhhha!!! we both know that great players from around the NFL that wind up playing for the Raiders, also end up at the Oakland burmuta triangle never to be seen again and loose there Market value until they resurfice with anothere team or at a Wal-mart near you years later and get both there Value and Respect back. shhhhhh!!! I'm just trying to turn over a new leaf this new year and say something nice about the Raiders for a Change, but since there is'nt that many good things if any to say , I just thought I would make up some stuff to make them feel better you know what I mean??? :roll: I hope there not listening. lol shhhhhh!!! :twisted: :wink:
Fishin' Dave

Post by Fishin' Dave »

Walters IS good.

He holds most of the Pac-10 passing records. He broke Elways records, Carson Palmers records, and many more great quarterbacks from the Pac-10. He needs some protection and experiance! Even Peyton Manning would look terriable behind that line! You watch, Walter will be a good quarterback.

Fargas is one amswer. If we draft a solid power runner like a bettis then we'd be in business. I like Fargas because he works hard, plays hard, and doesn't avoid contact!

I hate Moss. Not only is he a punk, but I don't need him on my team. I like the Patriots philosophy. Find players who are hungry and want to play as a team! It's like the old saying, in a fight crazy can beat big and strong.

I always wonder about you guys with such distain for the Raiders. I can understand disliking a team. I even understand a special dislike if the Raiders are your rival. But the pure dark hatred some of you have shown is quite scary. I think it says something about you on a deep personal level. Hate is never good! As for me, I don't like the Chiefs, the Niners, and Stanford. So, I don't own anything red. But I do not walk around spraying hate about these teams everywhere I go. It is as bad as the guys who throw batteries from the stands.

Like Cooch said, we need some leadership on the team. When we had Gruden and Gannon we had a leader on the side line and a leader on the field. Randy Moss as captin??? What a joke. That would be like having Specolli as youe debate team captain! Pot heads are never good leaders.

I am cautiously optimistic about the future. I have to be becuse I can't see things getting worse. It was just 5 years ago we went to a superbowl (got bombed I know but that happens.) and the years from 99-2003 were great. I know these guys will field a play off team before 2010.
W.C

Yea!! fishin Dave those Raider fans r that bad.

Post by W.C »

David! Not saying anything about you , but the "Raider Nation" :roll: that you guys call yourselfs, are the worst fan I have ever seen. It's so bad that even fellow raider fan admit it them selves. Where I Work there is about maybe 500 people working there at one time and 300 of them are Raider Fans. Yea we Razz each othere from time to time all in fun, afther all we've all worked togetter for 16 years now. you know the tipical remarks , "SF Fags and SF 49er's sell the most footlong weeners at Candle Stick . but again it's all in fun. But even some of the Raider Fans there tell me that on the Real, they would never take there family to a Raider Game and expose there kids to some of the Violance that happens out there. One time a few Raider buddys of mine went to a game and told me how sad it was that some fellow fans just set someones New Toyota 4 Runner on fire just cuz it had a K.C sticker on the window and a K.C Flag on the anntena. than some othere guys beat the **** out a father and son just cause they were wareing the opposing teams jersy and were asking them to sit down so they could see the Game. yet anothere man got stabbed while going to the restroom to take a leak . I could go on and on David, and I have seen it for my self as well. ask anyone you know and they will say the same thing. I know that the same thing happens in othere places around the NFL, but not as much as in Oakland. That is one of the main reason why you guys don't sell out on sundays as well as having the highest ticket prices in the leage thanks to Al Davis you Owner. Open your eye's David..... and yea I hate those Raiders !!!!! but you are okay in my book buddy. :wink:
Fishin' Dave

Re: Yea!! fishin Dave those Raider fans r that bad.

Post by Fishin' Dave »

I hear about the bad stuff that goes on at the colloseum, but my Grandma goes to at least 3 games a year since they have been back, and they were season ticket holders before that. There has never been a problem or a time she has felt uncomfortable. I thik at every sporting event where alcohol is served you are going to get some bad results. Even just getting a grop together can make people act wild. I think with the Rader games, bad stuff has happened, it has been rummored and become an urban ledgend that people expect it. Then the media only shows the wild costume painted roudy fans on TV to promote the immage even further. Now I am by no means trying to paint a picture that Radier fans are innocent and nice. I have been to many games there and never had a problem. I credit this to having fun, wearing silver and black, and not being a loud mouth drunk. These guys who show up in Bronco jearseys hooting and hollering at Radier fans get what they deserve. The only "bad" incident I personally say was this guy in a KC jearsy stand up and flip everyone off after the Chiefs threw a last minute game ending winning touch down on a Monday night sold out game. In my oppinion, he got what he deserved. I rarely see folks get un provoked acts of violence dirrected towards them. I've even seen guys show up in the other teams jearsey and sit quietly and have no problem other than someone yelling out that their team sucks.

By the way, the people who got stabbed were at the San Diego stadium at a Raiders - Chargers game. The San Diego game is the home game for the LA fans. Now you want to talk about the bad violent Raider fans. The LA fans are the ones that earned us the bad rap. Plus the neighborhood that stadium is in down in LA makes Oakland look like Mayberry.

I agree with you on the ticket prices. That's in part why I don't go anymore. Also, I am paying that much for a crap product?? No way. I have seen the same bs go on year after year since I was a kid. The penalties, and other dumb mstakes seem to haunt this team with the exception of the Hostetler years and the Gannon years. That goes back to my previous post about having leaders.

Anyawy, I can agree to disagree. I just hate to be stereo typed just because I like the Raiders. Stereo types lead to bad things my friend.

I would bet your niners make the playoffs next year.
miklanderson

Post by miklanderson »

I had Raiders season tickets for a couple of years. I had 3 seats in the Black Hole and took my 7 year old daughter to a bunch of games. She had a great time and loved it. the coliseum gets a bad rep from a lot of people who have never been there. For the most part Raiders fans are OK, there are always a few fans of any team that get out of hand. most of the fights I've witnessed at games were just as much the fault of the fan of the opposing team as the Raiders fan. A lot of people show up at the game with a chip on their shoulder and snap the first time a Raider fan says anything to them. If you show up in the opposing team's color at any stadium, you've got to expect people to give you a hard time. I've seen it at pretty much every sporting event I've been to. It happens in Sacramento, utah, Oakland, Oregon, San Francisco...It doesnt matter where you're at. I've seen just as many fights at Giant's games and other sports events as I have at any of the raiders games.

As far as sell outs go...We sold out almost every game this year...
g-man

Post by g-man »

i hate the raiders!!!! i hate their fans!!! (the ones that I know personally) every raider fan that i know is in lala land. its the same thing every year, "their gonna win the super bowl", " their going to the playoffs" " the niners suck"etc, etc. do i really hate their fans? no, but i do think the raiders suck. moss is a jerk, al davis is ruinning the team, porter is a joke, sapp is a has been etc, etc. trash talk is what fans do. we can't play the games ourselves so trash talk is our way of supporting our teams. trash talk the rival that trash talks to you about your team. its all in fun. on that note. THE RAIDERS SUCK!!!!!!GO 9ERS!!!! :lol:
Fishin' Dave

Post by Fishin' Dave »

Shoot gman, I'm a big time Raiders fasn and I agree with almost everything you just said!

"moss is a jerk, al davis is ruinning the team, porter is a joke, sapp is a has been"

The one exception is Sapp had a great year. Before this year, I thought he was a has been.

Anyone who thinks the Raiders are going to the superbowl have some issues. I think those people are just so excited to see a good team on the field only to be let down year after year that enthusium keeps them interested.

I asked a niner fan one time why he hates the Raiders so much. He said growing up as a kid, the niners stunk but the Raiders were in the playoffs every year and good for SO long that when the tide finally turned, he could actually say the Raiders suck and it was true!
Bob Simard

Yes - Finally!

Post by Bob Simard »

God Dang it! GOD DANG IT!

GGGOOOODDDDDDDDDAAAANNNNGGGGIIITTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!

Not since the super against Pitt in 79 when Dallas tackle-turned tight end Jackie Slater had that freakin ball roll off his stomach in the endzone have I felt a lose like this.

Terry Glenn fumbles, then a muffed snap? after such a great drive. I see Witten's spot and tell my boys right there, IT's OVER- THEY WON. Seatle can't stop the clock! Then it's reviewed and we're sitting there going okay, granted it was a generous spot. Just kick the field goal..... next thing I know I'm face down on the floor screamin NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Man - Finally over.... I really thought they'd get through Seattle and even Chicago too before being stopped in N'AHlins....

Oh well, the good news is they'll Trade that sack of crap TO to Oakland for their first round pick!

Heartattack city!

See you on the pond Jim.

-Bob