Rachel Uribe is the champion at El Capitan with SCKA event

basstrophy

Rachel Uribe is the champion at El Capitan with SCKA event

Post by basstrophy »

rachel win.jpg
https://www.fishermanswarehouse.com
Rachel Uribe is the champion at El Capitan Lake with an impressive 86.25” besting second place by 1.75”. Uribe used a drop shot rig to catch her winning limit. She started close to the ramp and caught a nice 20.00” fish on a Morning Dawn Robo worm with a 3/16-ounce Voss drop shot weight 10-pound test line with her Daiwa Tatula drop shot rod.

“I was not able to do any practice before the event, so I decided to start close to the ramp.”

“I saw some fish busting bait near the ramp by some trees.” declared Uribe, “I casted my drop shot rig and caught a 20” fish right away.”

“I fished a couple more trees in the mid lake area and saw some fish on the outside of the tree.” stated Uribe, “I caught an 18” fish and three more fish out of that one tree. I had a few bank fishermen cheering me on while I was catching fish.”

“I had a limit by 10 AM and was thinking about throwing big glide baits the rest of the day.” expressed Uribe, “I worked my way around a few more trees that I knew about but didn’t cull up.”

“I saw some fish pushing some bait in the back of the cove, so I worked my way to that area and saw some trees on the way there.” declared Uribe, “I caught an 18” fish out of one of those trees.”

“I picked those trees a part and lost two key bites because the fish broke me off in the trees.” indicated Uribe, “The fish were sea sawing me in the branches and broke me off.”

“Even though I was not able to practice before the event, Marco and I had a blast just going out and fishing.” revealed Uribe, “We had a great time just relaxing and fishing.”

Uribe thanked Bridgford, Dalton Toyota, A&M graphics, Bioenno Power, Voss Weights, Daiwa, Reaction Innovation, Sunline, Performance Tackle, Torch Eyewear and Simms for all your continued support! “This dream is easier to catch with all of you by my side; thank you! Now let's get back out there and "Get ya Some of That!"

Steve Buechner is the runner up with a total of 84.50”. Buechner used a spinner bait and a rip bait to start off the day. While un-hooking one of his fish, he was blown into the shoreline and saw a pair of bass bedding, this clued him in to what the fish were doing.

“While I un-hooked a fish the wind blew me into the shore, I saw a pair of bedding fish.” announced Buechner, “I caught both fish off the bed and one was a 17” and the other was an 18”.”

“This clued me in to what the fish were doing so I ran with it.” stated Buechner, “I spent the rest of the day searching for bedding fish.”

“During practice, I never saw any beds because of the weather was cloudy and windy making it impossible to see the beds.” broadcasted Buechner.

“I was using a Z-man craw on a Texas rig with a 2/0 hook with a 3/8-ounce weight.” specified Buechner, “The water was stained, and it was difficult to see the fish.” affirmed Buechner, “When I pitched the craw onto the bed, I could see a shadow move over the bed, this is when I knew there was a fish on the bed.”

“I only caught 7 fish all day long, it was a grind.” expressed Buechner, “The last hour, I never culled up even though I knew I needed one more good fish to take the win.”

Buechner thanked Hobie Kayak Fishing, Fast Lane Kayaks, and most of all his wife for all her support.

Brett Flores found his 84.00” was enough to take third place. Flores used a drop shot the majority of the day to catch his fish. His drop shot included a 4.5-inch Robo worm. He focused on spawning areas and where he saw bass pushing bait.

“I used a Robo worm in the 4.5 inch in areas that the fish were bedding and pushing bait.” defined Flores, “I was Texas rigging the Robo worm because of the underwater structure.”

“The fish I was targeting were either bedding or looking for beds.” described Flores, “The fish were hot when I would hook them, this is probably why I lost 5 fish during the day.”

“I started off with my preferred 3/8-ounce weight but ran out of them, so I had to use a ¼-ounce weight as the day went on.”

“El Capitan does not have good phone service and I didn’t know how I did until after everyone returned back to the ramp area.” explained Flores, “I didn’t know until around 4:30 PM that I finished in the top 5.”

Flores thanked SCKA for hosting such great events, Fast Lane for supporting SCKA this year, my coaches Justin Maupin, Vince King and Andra Casey for all their help teaching me all the different techniques. Eddie Martin and Darwin Chang for their help when I flipped my boat and everyone else that was there to help, I am grateful for everyone being there to help.

Top Ten:
1. Rachel Uribe 86.25”
2. Steve Buechner 84.50”
3. Brett Flores 84.00”
4. Sonny Carig 83.50”
5.Russell Peltier 83.00”
6. Ron Kim 83.00”
7. Joe Ma 82.75”
8. Dax Davis 82.75”
9. Gilbert Garcia 82.00”
10. Justin Maupin 81.75”

Big Fish:
Russell Peltier 21.25”
scka big fish elcapitan.png
Last edited by basstrophy on Wed May 08, 2024 5:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Superman13

Re: Rachel Uribe is the champion at El Capitan with SCKA event

Post by Superman13 »

Anyone else tired of seeing that dog?
mark poulson

Post by mark poulson »

Congrats. Rachel!!!
Attitude plus effort equal success
CLEAN AND DRY
mark poulson

Post by mark poulson »

Superman13 wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 9:03 am Anyone else tired of seeing that dog?
No.
Attitude plus effort equal success
CLEAN AND DRY
Basssss

Post by Basssss »

Hey Superman, the dog is giving fishing lessons and he'd be happy to teach you!!!!
🤣😂😂🤣