Reaction Bite on Delta?

monte300

Reaction Bite on Delta?

Post by monte300 »

Is it me or should the fish be hitting squarebills and lipless crankbaits on the Delta these days? I’m getting my *** kicked but it beats staying at home!
JoeLanghans

Re: Reaction Bite on Delta?

Post by JoeLanghans »

No, during transition periods you need to slow down. Our weather is transitioning and fluctuating, water temps are up and down, and fish are transitioning in and out of the spawn... the priorities of the fish are not to chase for food or to be aggressive and angry unless they’re on a bed or guarding. The punch bite has been good for me the last few days, long casts with senkos and drop shot the outside grass line on low tide. You may find a frog bite late in the day.
Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Interesting? I've been catching fish in the delta for the past 30 years on reaction baits from February on. Even during the spawn. Red rattle traps, square bills, 10" power worms . The all work. The longer you fish the delta you will see what works for you. Better off figuring out what the fish do on different tides.
monte300

Post by monte300 »

Derrick wrote:Interesting? I've been catching fish in the delta for the past 30 years on reaction baits from February on. Even during the spawn. Red rattle traps, square bills, 10" power worms . The all work. The longer you fish the delta you will see what works for you. Better off figuring out what the fish do on different tides.
I’ve been fishing the Delta for 30 years and normally catch them on red rattletraps and red speed traps this time of year the past five years have been rough