Reel Maintenance

Morgan

Reel Maintenance

Post by Morgan »

I have a couple of Stradic reels that are binding up when starting to turn the crank. Seems like every time I have worked on reels in the past, they never seem to work well again. Where is the best place to get Shimano reels serviced? If mail order, howlong has it taken? I'm in Fresno. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks, Morgan
Richie Hamilton

Re: Reel Maintenance

Post by Richie Hamilton »

Morgan,

mail your reels priotity mail from the post office $4-6 bucks (they provide the box and the label) Shimano repair center 1 holland drive Irvine, california 92618-2597 949 951-5003 They service the reel and replace worn out parts for $12 each. They will bill you with an invoice. turnaround time is about 1 to 2 weeks. excellent customer service by professional people.
Deltagreenfish

Post by Deltagreenfish »

Morgan, I just sent 10 of my chronarch SF's to them, $20 per real for cleaning, and they didn't charge for replacement parts here & there.

Either Richie got a deal or I got screwed!

> Morgan,

> mail your reels priotity mail from the post
> office $4-6 bucks (they provide the box and
> the label) Shimano repair center 1 holland
> drive Irvine, california 92618-2597 949
> 951-5003 They service the reel and replace
> worn out parts for $12 each. They will bill
> you with an invoice. turnaround time is
> about 1 to 2 weeks. excellent customer
> service by professional people.
ron@proactivecre.net

Post by ron@proactivecre.net »

>Maybe that's what they charge for casting reels as I paid the same . Spinning reels might be cheaper.
Richie Hamilton

Re: hey guys

Post by Richie Hamilton »

maybe the price went up, the invoice I used for the address was dated 11/18/04 and was for a baitcaster and they replaced 5 different parts as well. I just mailed two more in last week so maybe the great deal has come to an end. call them morgan @ 949 951-5003 and check the price first. I found 4 stradic 2500 MG's for $99 each so maybe it would be worth just buying two new one's at that cleaning price with shipping. Rich
gb

Post by gb »

>Send them to JD at The Hook Line and Sinker he is good and has quick response. His Number is 925-625-2441

I have a couple of Stradic reels that are
> binding up when starting to turn the crank.
> Seems like every time I have worked on reels
> in the past, they never seem to work well
> again. Where is the best place to get
> Shimano reels serviced? If mail order,
> howlong has it taken? I'm in Fresno. Any
> help would be appreciated.
> Thanks, Morgan
Gator

Re: Reel Maintenance *LINK*

Post by Gator »

Either JD at the Hook or get in contact with Connie at Lake Fork Tackle repair. Her link is below. Great people and both are sponsors.

Tight Lines!!

Gator

Lake Fork Tackle Repair
mac (Doyle McEwen)

Post by mac (Doyle McEwen) »

Connie and Killer, I believe, only work on bait casters (Shimano), although no doubt in my mind they can probably diagnose problems on just about any type of reel..I haven't used JD at the Hook yet, but I have heard a lot about him and would trust his judgement..Of course you can always send it back to Shimano for repair..

mac
Morgan

Post by Morgan »

Thanks for all the information. I'll get them sent off.
Morgan