11/5 report

Hitman

11/5 report

Post by Hitman »

Launched from b&w today and headed over to franks...took awhile but fiNally found a school of 10lb strippers. 2 fell for a Punker early in the morning and then is was dead the rest of the day. Had perfect weather with clear cooling water. Fished all the way to big break with no sign of fish....lots of boats but didn't see a lot of catching today.

Hitman
Hitman

Fish Hard Films
ulysi

Re: 11/5 report

Post by ulysi »

i went out today and no sings of fish at my fav spots at big break. was hopping to hook up to someting on the evening top water bite but nothing. not even any boils.
DeltaDan

Post by DeltaDan »

Water temp is still to warm Even in Honker/ Grizzly/ Roe and Ryer Island way out west - Much less around Brown, Chain island, Sherman and up into West Island and the Montezuma, Spoonbill sloughs. (61.6 last weekend - Down almost two degree's from the weekend before). "Normally" the grass has already pulled off the bottoms out west by now. It is just now starting to. I would venture to say that that the Crawdads are now trying to figure out what to do before they are georged upon - before the LineSiders move up into the Shad population that is undel the cover of all the hyascin up river.

Completely and Totally a different year from the last three in a row that have constantly changed. There is still ALOT of bait out in the bay still - and the Red Tide is now pulling off further off shore.

When they come- They will come FAST - and then leave just as FAST this year I imagine if the winter really cools down. 58-59F is the temp I am looking for the males first run up - and the Hen's will be coming up when the water tem is 57-54.

I have not fished Disco Bay as of yet @ night - But with the grass and shad in some of the bay's --- The run can possibly run into January this year it the water temps stay up above 48-49 there.
You know, we always called each other goodfellas. Like, you'd say to somebody: "You're gonna like this guy; he's all right. He's a goodfella. He's one of us." You understand? We were goodfellas, wiseguys.

[b]Team LL [/b] (2006 ~ And Beyond !! )
DeltaDan

Post by DeltaDan »

Water temp was 58.8 in Martinez today on the switch of the tides ~So it is getting closer.

The high pressure system put the lock jaw on them I hope for today .... What was wierd is that I did not see any furbags today as well ?
You know, we always called each other goodfellas. Like, you'd say to somebody: "You're gonna like this guy; he's all right. He's a goodfella. He's one of us." You understand? We were goodfellas, wiseguys.

SacRtrain

Post by SacRtrain »

Ive been having a hard time finding fish but got on a school in the Back of Beaver Slough. Biggest went 8 or so on a jerk bait. Tons of fish are marking on the graph but they only seem to be active for the first hour of daylight. Havent hooked any above that yet in the Moke system but hear isolated reports of big hens being caught. That school should hold for a while up there. Go until you see the bridge crossing the slough. Thats a great flat to fish for about a quarter mile.

Mike
DeltaDan

Post by DeltaDan »

Wednesday or Thrusday morning is my next get go on the water.

Saw some of Taylor Slough from the levee on Sunday when we went to water and cool Cobalt the dog and get some rest. Taylor looked realy clear of debree and grass suprisingly.

I am still fishing way out west .... But it was time to mix it up - and take both the boys Pheasant hunting. The youngest son to get his first wild bird all on his own with his .20 gauge after two days in the field while I was working 12 hour hing shifts and two days of hunting in different weather patterns.

Jack played cat and mouse on his bird for 40+ yards on his own after he spyed him. -- Cobalt the Dog was running for Luke on his side of the field.

The biggest question is all reality - Is who is more prouder ? Jack or myself ?? -- This bird is already in one of my wifes stockings - and will soon be headed to http://dariustaxidermy.com .

The Phesant Population is way less than the Stripers for this Fall - This year. --- As once again they are in more steady declining numbers.

BUT THE DECLINING POPULATION'S ARE NOT JUST THE SAME DELTA SPECIES ON BOTH THESE TWO POPULATIONS !! ..There is everything form a lack of Frogs, Turtles, Berry's and Crappie that I have seen a big decline from "what once was"

I think if I get a #30+ Linesider this year ...... I might do the same ~ as both the Stripers and the Phesants alike are just a dying species.