12-11-11 Report

Hitman

12-11-11 Report

Post by Hitman »

Well not much to report...same old result, slim pickings all year long. Checked the usual spots and flats for nada...2 blow ups and no hook ups. Picked up a spoon and found a pod of fish in 35' in the SJ channel just off a point. 3 keepers to 20' and a few dinks. Just not finding them nor am I seeing any real concentration of fish. Disappointing to see the striper fishing declining right in front of our eyes.

Hitman
Hitman

Fish Hard Films
stkbass

Re: 12-11-11 Report

Post by stkbass »

It's been like that for me too. TOUGH fishing. I've only been able to catch a 10 and 12 lber so far. But that was the only day I ran into a decent school. Either they are all scattered througout the delta system or there must be a decline in population. I've already called it a season. Water is way too cold now for topwater. That's were striper fishing is at its finest. Can't wait for spring! :)

Would anyone care to post up what they've caught this season? I'm just wondering if I'm the only one not catching anything.
tsnitro

Post by tsnitro »

I have been getting fish in the antioch area for about 8 weeks untill sunday. POOF there gone. We ran to Antioch notta, then to Big break notta, then off to False river notta, then to Little franks notta, then to Franks notta, then off to Old River notta, then to Whiskey Slough notta. On the way back to Eddos we stopped in False on a rippen tide and managed 5 fish all about 16 inches. After burning about 30 gallons of gas i got 2 more places before i call it a season. Disco bay and New Hope(Beaver)and (Hog). Might try the port afterall i live in Stockton.

Nitro
nelsonlui

Post by nelsonlui »

Ditto on the fishing. I knew it would be a difficult weekend. Typically, I never do good on full moons, but I had to get out on the water. It's been a hit and miss season. Out of 10 or so trips, I have had only 1 day of consistent action. All the other days were fish hard, scratch a few here and there, and occasionally run into a pod.

The water conditions were ideal in the afternoon this weekend with a big swing in incoming. All the usual spots from Brown island into ducth had great water movement. Fished the outgoing on the east side of the break into ducth first thing in the morning. Nada. Went all the way out to Brown island and followed the incoming back to the break nada. Found a school of fish on some drop offs located in Broad. Tried spooning, Nada. Finally was able to just pick up one shaker to get the skunk off. 7 hours of work and nothing to show for it.

In addition to low numbers, haven't been able to find the top water bite either. Not sure what the deal is this year, but fishing in the bay was relatively good for the summer months. Maybe they caught all the willing fish. My biggest this year was only a 30" 14 lber. The smallest I have had in years. I've decided that this was the last trip out west for me this year.

I may make on more trip to hog/beaver and or port of stockton. Anyone having any reports, I'd appreciate a PM to justify the tow. If they are in the dead ends, I would think it would be now.

Goos luck to everyone the remainder of the season.

BTW, was any of you in a red and white bass boat on the tule banks on west/central broad slough area near the sunken boat? I was out there on Sunday around 1 pm.

Nelson
tsnitro

Post by tsnitro »

Im in a Teal Green/Platinum Nitro 180FS with a Johnson 150 on the back. I been running around sherman and broad for the last 10 weeks.

Nitro