Sea lions way up the San Joaquin?

Fryle

Sea lions way up the San Joaquin?

Post by Fryle »

Hey everyone I was fishing today on the San Joaquin River outside ripon/airport way area at a spot I frequently have been fishing for the last 2 years and a big sea lion showed up today and was obviously feeding. I had never seen one that far up the San Joaquin River. I wasn’t all that far from where Stanislaus river meets the San Joaquin maybe 2-3 miles. Have any of you guys that know the River well know if that’s unusual or not? Somewhat concerned me and I filmed some video of it on my phone, those things destroy fish populations.
SilverbackDad

Re: Sea lions way up the San Joaquin?

Post by SilverbackDad »

That's a bummer, I didn't think they would go that far up river.
Turkeyman

Post by Turkeyman »

Sea Lions go over 100 miles up the Columbia River and are being stopped by a dam where they eat the salmon and steelhead that are trying to figure out the fish ladder. Fish and Game officials there are starting to euthanize them.
DanIsaac

Post by DanIsaac »

Not unusual at all. Most likely chasing Stripers, though catfish and largemouth find their demise as well at their hands.
ReelEx, your source for quality, professional service on your Shimano, Lews, or Revo reels.

Guaranteed 96 hr turnaround on service.
650-454-4938 http://www.reel-ex.com
monte300

Post by monte300 »

Turkeyman wrote:Sea Lions go over 100 miles up the Columbia River and are being stopped by a dam where they eat the salmon and steelhead that are trying to figure out the fish ladder. Fish and Game officials there are starting to euthanize them.
Good luck getting officials to euthanize them in California