Second Angler Of The Year Title

WB Staff

Second Angler Of The Year Title

Post by WB Staff »

Brandon Palaniuk Wins Second Bassmaster Angler Of The Year Title.jpg
Brandon Palaniuk Wins Second Bassmaster Angler Of The Year Title

LA CROSSE, Wis. — Brandon Palaniuk doesn’t think of himself as a legend. In his mind, he is still the 8-year-old from Rathdrum, Idaho, who discovered a dream of reaching the biggest stage in bass fishing.

But by winning the 2022 Progressive Insurance Bassmaster Angler of the Year race, adding yet another trophy to his mantle, “The Prodigy” is surely living up to his nickname.

With a 25th-place finish at the Guaranteed Rate Bassmaster Elite at Mississippi River with 39 pounds, 11 ounces, Palaniuk clinched the Angler of the Year title Sunday, becoming just the 12th angler to win multiple AOY trophies, with his first title coming back in 2017.

“It is amazing. It hasn’t sunk in all the way yet,” Palaniuk said. “The feeling of winning and that accomplishment, that moment and feeling when (Dave) Mercer announces it on stage, that is what makes all the hard work, the early mornings, the late nights and the hard times OK. It makes it worth it. For me, it is another piece of the puzzle of this crazy life we live, and I’m glad the pieces fell the way I wanted them to.

Full Story https://www.westernbass.com/article/bra ... year-title