Shimano Reel Trade in

Loomis Lover

Shimano Reel Trade in

Post by Loomis Lover »

Just wanted to give a heads up to you all, I was in BPS today and was talking to one of the guys behind the reel counter and they were saying that during the Reel Trade in Shimano will be participating which they have not in the past. I made sure it was ALL Shimano reels and he said yes and that there will also be a mail in $30 rebate on chronarchs, curados, and citicas on top of the trade in price. This year is the first time they will be doing a rod trade in as well and he said the reel trade in starts Feb. 24th and the rod trade in is the following weekend. I'm excited and have to figure out what I want to buy now!
bantam1

Re: Shimano Reel Trade in

Post by bantam1 »

I'm going to have to double check on that. We usually do not participate in this program. I will find out later today and post the results.
Loomis Lover

Post by Loomis Lover »

No its true and it includes not only reels but rods too(including G. Loomis) should be a great time to get some new gear.
bantam1

Post by bantam1 »

Like I said let me find out. The person I need to ask is in meetings all day.
Loomis Lover

Post by Loomis Lover »

That's cool but I'm 100% sure that is the promotion just trying to pass on some good information to all the fisherman out there.
Loomis Lover

Post by Loomis Lover »

Just a follow up as I was back in the store today and one of the guys had a printed ad and it looks like you will get $30 off a Chronarch instant with a trade in and then another $30 via mail in rebate with Shimano. Curado will be $25 instant and $30 mail in and I forgot what the citica exactly is but i know it will have a $30 mail in. Looks like I'll be getting a couple of reels.
yjjustforme

Post by yjjustforme »

so bantam is it true? :D
bantam1

Post by bantam1 »

I will not know until they start their promo.
boatlee

Post by boatlee »

How much do you get for the trade in? Is it determined on what kind of reel you trade in?
bantam1

Post by bantam1 »

I have zero information on their promotion. I only know our promo that will start later this week. I will post the info on the day it starts.
Loomis Lover

Post by Loomis Lover »

boatlee wrote:How much do you get for the trade in? Is it determined on what kind of reel you trade in?

It is determined on the reel your buying not what your trading in.( I made the same mistake 2 years ago when i went for the first time) Like I posted earlier you will get $30 off the chronarch $25 off the curado and citica. Hope this helps!
boatlee

Post by boatlee »

Loomis Lover wrote:
boatlee wrote:How much do you get for the trade in? Is it determined on what kind of reel you trade in?

It is determined on the reel your buying not what your trading in.( I made the same mistake 2 years ago when i went for the first time) Like I posted earlier you will get $30 off the chronarch $25 off the curado and citica. Hope this helps!
Well you mentioned it is a 30 dollar rebate, so what is the discount for buying the reel with trade in?
Loomis Lover

Post by Loomis Lover »

boatlee wrote:
Loomis Lover wrote:

Well you mentioned it is a 30 dollar rebate, so what is the discount for buying the reel with trade in?
You can get $30 instant for the reel trade in and another $30 via mail in rebate through Shimano, for a total of $60.
fishbonz412

Post by fishbonz412 »

a little late to the party.....but this past Sunday, I went to BPS and took advantage of their reel trade in deal. They take any functional reel, then give you a coupon, with the discount based on the price of the new reel purchased. So based on the going rate for a Citica G ($130), I got the $25 off at BPS, and I have sent in the $30 rebate slip to Shimano, as that promotion started 2-24, the same date as the first date of the reel trade-in deal.

So get that POS functional reel you had as a kid and trade it in and get something good, like a new Shimano G series!!! and the BPS discount will be higher for a Curado G or the Chronarch G!!!
--Sometimes it is best to be quiet and be thought the fool than to speak out and remove all doubt---