Slight correction on WON report BULLARDS BAR

Larry Hemphill

Slight correction on WON report BULLARDS BAR

Post by Larry Hemphill »

I am a big fan of Billy Driessen's weekly reports for Western Outdoor News. He did a nice report about my Bullards Bar guide trip with Clara Ricabal about 3 weeks ago. She was a star, catching a 7 lb 2 oz spotted bass during her first 3 hours ever on the lake!! Yea, we all do that! Billy, in a perfectly normal statement, said that the bass was returned immediately to her spawning bed after a few photos. We were not sight-fishing as the bass weren't up yet and the water was still dingy. Only saw a few small males up shallow and even caught a few. Her trophy was in the 10 to 20 foot range, next to a sunken tree. The big female was doing what they do in the spring - trying to warm her body for spawning prep. I was pleased that I called Clara's cast - telling her to cast into the shadow of "that" tree which made a nice shadow in the bright sun. She released the "toad" near the same tree. Should be many, many new baby spots in the lake by now!!

This post is late as I just returned from a trip to Normandy beach in France - an historical site I have wanted to see for many years! The Nomandy landing, June 6, 1944 - a horrible morning for young American boys. Things did turn around by the afternoon and the next several days. Many, many visitors every day, a half century later.
WB Staff

Re: Slight correction on WON report

Post by WB Staff »

This was the fish in the report...

Clara Ricabal caught April 16 Caught today on a @yamamoto_fishing SENKO! #7.2
Attachments
Slight correction on Bullards Report.jpg