Still NO FISHING at Clear Lake

Moderators: MKA, Mike M, Caudawg, ash

User avatar
DanIsaac
Posts: 2127
Joined: Thu Jun 28, 2007 3:25 pm

Still NO FISHING at Clear Lake

Postby DanIsaac » Fri Apr 24, 2020 4:57 pm

Lake County Health has clarified it's earlier statement.
You can only fish from shore, NOT from any vessel of any kind. FYI see page 2.

http://health.co.lake.ca.us/Assets/Depa ... ddenda.pdf
ReelEx, your source for quality, professional service on your Shimano, Lews, or Revo reels.

Guaranteed 96 hr turnaround on service.
650-454-4938 http://www.reel-ex.com

dogfish2
Posts: 126
Joined: Fri Sep 23, 2005 11:53 pm

Re: Still NO FISHING at Clear Lake

Postby dogfish2 » Fri Apr 24, 2020 5:05 pm

My friend was going to fish from his kayak tomorrow. Contacted Sheriff's Office for clarification. NO FISHING FROM ANY BOAT he was told. Only shore fishing! The Lake County directive was updated late this afternoon as kayakers and
canoeist assumed they could fish from those platforms.

Thanks, Dan for posting the latest update.

User avatar
Otay Michael
Posts: 1393
Joined: Fri Oct 21, 2005 10:27 am
Location: Del Mar, California
Contact:

Re: Still NO FISHING at Clear Lake

Postby Otay Michael » Fri Apr 24, 2020 7:12 pm

Recent Stanford study: the few states in the USA that did not 'quarantine' everyone ended up with the same death rate per thousand as the ones in complete lockdown!!!!

Then this new study, same results, about countries.

"...Yitzhak Ben Israel of Tel Aviv University, who is on the research and advisory board for one of the leading pharmaceutical companies in the world (Teva), has concluded that all the lockdowns, all the shutdowns, all the closing of churches, schools, beaches, businesses, restaurants, and parks was nothing more than economy-destroying madness. It has all been unnecessary because coronavirus runs its own course no matter what governments do or do not do.
Israel has imposed strict quarantines. It does not allow residents to even leave their neighborhoods to buy food. Beyond that, they are only permitted to leave their homes for essential work and medical care.

These restrictions applied even during Holy Week, when just a handful of worshipers were allowed at the Western Wall (the holiest site in Judaism) during Passover, and Easter Mass was performed at a nearly empty Church of the Holy Sepulcher, built on the site where Jesus was crucified.

In Stockholm, by stark contrast, cafes and restaurants are open. Kids are going to school and to soccer practice. Parks are full. Sweden, in other words, is open for business. People are practicing some social distancing, and gatherings of more than 50 people have been suspended.

But the disease has followed the same arc in both places, which means Israel - and the United States - locked everybody down for no good reason. ...."

Full article here: https://www.afa.net/the-stand/culture/2 ... I.facebook
Otay Michael

All I need to get into the money would be the four I usually get along with a 20# kicker.

Own no boring art: www.seewald.com
Name written in the book of life.

mark poulson
Posts: 9723
Joined: Sun May 08, 2005 4:16 am
Location: Antioch, CA

Re: Still NO FISHING at Clear Lake

Postby mark poulson » Fri Apr 24, 2020 8:10 pm

Otay Michael wrote:Recent Stanford study: the few states in the USA that did not 'quarantine' everyone ended up with the same death rate per thousand as the ones in complete lockdown!!!!

Then this new study, same results, about countries.

"...Yitzhak Ben Israel of Tel Aviv University, who is on the research and advisory board for one of the leading pharmaceutical companies in the world (Teva), has concluded that all the lockdowns, all the shutdowns, all the closing of churches, schools, beaches, businesses, restaurants, and parks was nothing more than economy-destroying madness. It has all been unnecessary because coronavirus runs its own course no matter what governments do or do not do.
Israel has imposed strict quarantines. It does not allow residents to even leave their neighborhoods to buy food. Beyond that, they are only permitted to leave their homes for essential work and medical care.

These restrictions applied even during Holy Week, when just a handful of worshipers were allowed at the Western Wall (the holiest site in Judaism) during Passover, and Easter Mass was performed at a nearly empty Church of the Holy Sepulcher, built on the site where Jesus was crucified.

In Stockholm, by stark contrast, cafes and restaurants are open. Kids are going to school and to soccer practice. Parks are full. Sweden, in other words, is open for business. People are practicing some social distancing, and gatherings of more than 50 people have been suspended.
So are the State, the Feds, the CDC, and Fauci lying to us?
But the disease has followed the same arc in both places, which means Israel - and the United States - locked everybody down for no good reason. ...."

Full article here: https://www.afa.net/the-stand/culture/2 ... I.facebook

So are the State, the Feds, the Counties, and Dr. Fauci all lying to us?
Last edited by mark poulson on Sat Apr 25, 2020 7:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Attitude plus effort equal success
CLEAN AND DRY

birdman920
Posts: 312
Joined: Sat Nov 28, 2015 4:23 pm

Re: Still NO FISHING at Clear Lake

Postby birdman920 » Sat Apr 25, 2020 6:07 am

It looks to me ‘ like Dr. Gary Pace “ & Dr Phil got there MD degrees ‘at the same mail order site !

User avatar
DanIsaac
Posts: 2127
Joined: Thu Jun 28, 2007 3:25 pm

Re: Still NO FISHING at Clear Lake

Postby DanIsaac » Sat Apr 25, 2020 7:07 am

birdman920 wrote:It looks to me ‘ like Dr. Gary Pace “ & Dr Phil got there MD degrees ‘at the same mail order site !


Oh, you have NO IDEA. When I called and asked for clatification and explained we would see at least a couple hindred out of county "pedal boaters" and "tubers" here this weekend their reply was "we hope that won't happen".

I asked the same as others have asked, 'how is one vessel or boat any different from another"? "Why cant a boater "alone" in a boat, fish ftom a boat? No answer...you have to remember that these are essentially the same group of people (county personnel) that
had county employess selling "out of town" quagga permits to boaters from out of county on the very weekend they used as a reason to close the lake to begin with.
Yes, the county ramp monitors themselves were selling "out if county" permits on the Redbud ramps as Clearlake Bait and Tackle had closed as directed.

Rumor has it there is a sailboat protest coming this weekend, and there may just be another if someone doesn't start to use better judgement.

There is absolutely NO good reason a resident of Lake County properly permitted can't use the lake if he or she is solo in his or her boat.

My 02. and my opinion, Dan
ReelEx, your source for quality, professional service on your Shimano, Lews, or Revo reels.

Guaranteed 96 hr turnaround on service.
650-454-4938 http://www.reel-ex.com

BigBassDaddy1190
Posts: 210
Joined: Sun Oct 08, 2017 9:41 am

Re: Still NO FISHING at Clear Lake

Postby BigBassDaddy1190 » Sat Apr 25, 2020 7:25 am

mark poulson wrote:
Otay Michael wrote:Recent Stanford study: the few states in the USA that did not 'quarantine' everyone ended up with the same death rate per thousand as the ones in complete lockdown!!!!

Then this new study, same results, about countries.

"...Yitzhak Ben Israel of Tel Aviv University, who is on the research and advisory board for one of the leading pharmaceutical companies in the world (Teva), has concluded that all the lockdowns, all the shutdowns, all the closing of churches, schools, beaches, businesses, restaurants, and parks was nothing more than economy-destroying madness. It has all been unnecessary because coronavirus runs its own course no matter what governments do or do not do.
Israel has imposed strict quarantines. It does not allow residents to even leave their neighborhoods to buy food. Beyond that, they are only permitted to leave their homes for essential work and medical care.

These restrictions applied even during Holy Week, when just a handful of worshipers were allowed at the Western Wall (the holiest site in Judaism) during Passover, and Easter Mass was performed at a nearly empty Church of the Holy Sepulcher, built on the site where Jesus was crucified.

In Stockholm, by stark contrast, cafes and restaurants are open. Kids are going to school and to soccer practice. Parks are full. Sweden, in other words, is open for business. People are practicing some social distancing, and gatherings of more than 50 people have been suspended.
So are the State, the Feds, the CDC, and Fauci lying to us?
But the disease has followed the same arc in both places, which means Israel - and the United States - locked everybody down for no good reason. ...."

Full article here: https://www.afa.net/the-stand/culture/2 ... I.facebook

So are the State, the Feds, the Counties, and Dr. Fauci all lying to us?


Yes they are. The rest of the world has to follow because that’s what they do.

birdman920
Posts: 312
Joined: Sat Nov 28, 2015 4:23 pm

Re: Still NO FISHING at Clear Lake

Postby birdman920 » Sat Apr 25, 2020 1:00 pm

This has reached the point ‘ that I cannot believe that the elected county officials’ can be that “uneducated,unaware & downright retarted” to allow this coarse to continue? it’s almost like they have a “alternate agenda ?, are they PETA members ?, are they against fossil fuel ?, what are they trying to achieve? , meanwhile they economy goes further down the “crapper” !....

Dave Brabec
Posts: 69
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2018 10:58 am

Re: Still NO FISHING at Clear Lake

Postby Dave Brabec » Sat Apr 25, 2020 1:10 pm

We had 6 cases of the virus 5 have recovered. Cant get on the lake and down at Orwood they just closed the ramp because the parking lot is over Full

MichaelB
Posts: 297
Joined: Sun Aug 07, 2016 6:48 am
Location: Modesto, CA

Re: Still NO FISHING at Clear Lake

Postby MichaelB » Sat Apr 25, 2020 3:01 pm

Dave Brabec wrote:We had 6 cases of the virus 5 have recovered. Cant get on the lake and down at Orwood they just closed the ramp because the parking lot is over Full

Orwood is a complete circus about 1:00 with "pleasure craft" ..... getting there at safe light there is plenty of parking

User avatar
micropterus
Posts: 105
Joined: Sun May 21, 2006 12:56 pm
Location: Ventura County 'Da 805'

Re: Still NO FISHING at Clear Lake

Postby micropterus » Sat Apr 25, 2020 3:42 pm

The stink of it is the medical “experts” and the media news outlets hit the panic button as new virus cases get reported every day. These counts will continue to rise as the testing programs because more available. At this rate I don’t see any easing of lockdowns. The politicians in power will keep pointing to these stats and won’t budge. One possibility is AG Barr has said he views the lock down policies as pretty much “House Arrests”. If they drag on I think he’ll intervene ...
Have some fun out there .... Enjoy that time on the water !!

bassman1000
Posts: 19
Joined: Mon Oct 24, 2011 8:11 am

Re: Still NO FISHING at Clear Lake

Postby bassman1000 » Sat Apr 25, 2020 8:45 pm

If everyone just goes fishing won't be much they can do. people love to blame the government but it's up to the people to control the government. Not the other way around.

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so."
Thomas Jefferson

"One has a moral responsibility to disobey unjust laws."
Martin Luther King Jr.

"An unjust law is itself a species of violence. Arrest for its breach is more so."
Mahatma Gandhi

MT
Posts: 689
Joined: Sun Apr 23, 2006 7:48 am

Re: Still NO FISHING at Clear Lake

Postby MT » Sun Apr 26, 2020 7:04 am

Just let us know when you've moved all the barricades and unlocked all the gates.

biteme
Posts: 2417
Joined: Tue Feb 06, 2007 12:01 am

Re: Still NO FISHING at Clear Lake

Postby biteme » Sun Apr 26, 2020 7:42 am

That loss of income is going to start to hurt CL soon enough.

Tobey
Posts: 64
Joined: Tue Sep 05, 2006 10:20 am
Location: Concord

Re: Still NO FISHING at Clear Lake

Postby Tobey » Sun Apr 26, 2020 11:41 am

I get that Clear Lake has limited capacity in their medical facilities and are therefore susceptible to being overrun by covid-19 patients placing a large portion of their population at risk...so it makes sense to discourage out of towners from migrating there and bringing the virus with them. It doesn't explain why residents are being forced off the lake or Why other lakes in the state are being closed to visitors.

mark poulson
Posts: 9723
Joined: Sun May 08, 2005 4:16 am
Location: Antioch, CA

Re: Still NO FISHING at Clear Lake

Postby mark poulson » Sun Apr 26, 2020 11:44 am

Tobey wrote:I get that Clear Lake has limited capacity in their medical facilities and are therefore susceptible to being overrun by covid-19 patients placing a large portion of their population at risk...so it makes sense to discourage out of towners from migrating there and bringing the virus with them. It doesn't explain why residents are being forced off the lake or Why other lakes in the state are being closed to visitors.

Maybe it's because they can't afford to staff the lake properly because their tax-revenue base is gone.
Attitude plus effort equal success

CLEAN AND DRY

Tobey
Posts: 64
Joined: Tue Sep 05, 2006 10:20 am
Location: Concord

Re: Still NO FISHING at Clear Lake

Postby Tobey » Sun Apr 26, 2020 11:53 am

Maybe it's because they can't afford to staff the lake properly because their tax-revenue base is gone.


Sarcasm?

You can fish from shore and you can Kayak but you can't fish from a kayak? Must be the tax revenue! That makes no sense.

Drakestar
Posts: 59
Joined: Fri Oct 04, 2019 5:04 pm

Re: Still NO FISHING at Clear Lake

Postby Drakestar » Sun Apr 26, 2020 11:54 am

Tobey wrote:I get that Clear Lake has limited capacity in their medical facilities and are therefore susceptible to being overrun by covid-19 patients placing a large portion of their population at risk...so it makes sense to discourage out of towners from migrating there and bringing the virus with them. It doesn't explain why residents are being forced off the lake or Why other lakes in the state are being closed to visitors.


Sorry, I deleted my post (that I think you're replying to) because I'd made a commitment to not get into these discussions again. (The basic point was that Lake County only has 6 ICU beds and is thus incredibly vulnerable to an outbreak, which in turn informs local county policy in a county that is hardly a liberal stronghold).

The issue I have with how WB is discussing the issue is selection and affirmation bias - I see lots of articles (like the one of those two Kern County doctors above) that reaffirm personal viewpoints, while a) not giving equal time to rebuttals and b) accusing county officials and domain experts of being stupid and uninformed. The truth is much more complex than that.

I posted that video of the Kern County doctors in a couple of places and it was immediately torn to shreds by friends who are domain experts, btw (they're doctors and data scientists). Here's one rebuttal that gives you an idea of what they take issue with: https://www.facebook.com/jenniferkasten ... cation=ufi

Tobey
Posts: 64
Joined: Tue Sep 05, 2006 10:20 am
Location: Concord

Re: Still NO FISHING at Clear Lake

Postby Tobey » Sun Apr 26, 2020 1:13 pm

Sorry, I deleted my post (that I think you're replying to) because I'd made a commitment to not get into these discussions again. (The basic point was that Lake County only has 6 ICU beds and is thus incredibly vulnerable to an outbreak, which in turn informs local county policy in a county that is hardly a liberal stronghold).

The issue I have with how WB is discussing the issue is selection and affirmation bias - I see lots of articles (like the one of those two Kern County doctors above) that reaffirm personal viewpoints, while a) not giving equal time to rebuttals and b) accusing county officials and domain experts of being stupid and uninformed. The truth is much more complex than that.

I posted that video of the Kern County doctors in a couple of places and it was immediately torn to shreds by friends who are domain experts, btw (they're doctors and data scientists). Here's one rebuttal that gives you an idea of what they take issue with: https://www.facebook.com/jenniferkasten ... cation=ufi


There are some glaring misrepresentations in this rebuttal you have posted a link to. First of all these doctors made sure to emphasize that the data they collected was specific to their region and that it could be different based on locality. It also forgot to mention that two other studies in California (Santa Clara and L.A.) came up with very similar results. What puzzles me is that all the data coming from the WHO and the CDC and Dr. Fauci has been very unreliable and in some cases down right false...yet the majority of people gobble it up like gospel.

Drakestar
Posts: 59
Joined: Fri Oct 04, 2019 5:04 pm

Re: Still NO FISHING at Clear Lake

Postby Drakestar » Sun Apr 26, 2020 2:39 pm

As I said, I don't really want to get into this again because it doesn't go anywhere (so this will be my last post on the subject).

I have co-workers who are domain experts and who do statistics and data analysis on multi-billion dollar properties (not an exaggeration). And those co-workers got genuinely *mad* after watching that Kern County doctors video and were able to rip their data methodology (on which the entire argument is built) to shreds very quickly. So I trust their opinion because it's an informed one and it would be arrogant for me to not believe them. If something about this overall topic doesn't make sense to me I assume that it's due to my limited understanding and the fact that things are rarely as simple as they look once you're actually deeply engaged with the subject matter (re: "Data from the WHO and CDC doesn't make sense"). I also choose to believe that county and government officials are doing the same thing, rather than falling for the fundamental attribution error and assuming ignorance or stupidity is to blame. Everybody always believes they know better. I know from experience that's rarely true.

User avatar
Otay Michael
Posts: 1393
Joined: Fri Oct 21, 2005 10:27 am
Location: Del Mar, California
Contact:

Re: Still NO FISHING at Clear Lake

Postby Otay Michael » Sun Apr 26, 2020 3:12 pm

Drakestar wrote:As I said, I don't really want to get into this again because it doesn't go anywhere (so this will be my last post on the subject).

I have co-workers who are domain experts and who do statistics and data analysis on multi-billion dollar properties (not an exaggeration). And those co-workers got genuinely *mad* after watching that Kern County doctors video and were able to rip their data methodology (on which the entire argument is built) to shreds very quickly. So I trust their opinion because it's an informed one and it would be arrogant for me to not believe them. If something about this overall topic doesn't make sense to me I assume that it's due to my limited understanding and the fact that things are rarely as simple as they look once you're actually deeply engaged with the subject matter (re: "Data from the WHO and CDC doesn't make sense"). I also choose to believe that county and government officials are doing the same thing, rather than falling for the fundamental attribution error and assuming ignorance or stupidity is to blame. Everybody always believes they know better. I know from experience that's rarely true.


'Experts who deal with multi-billion dollar properties'. Give me a break. I'll take doctors with verifiable research and that have been in the actual trenches for 20 years instead. Just because your friends don't like the truth? Who cares!
Follow the $, that's the answer, these two get NOTHING out of it, whereas Gates and company, and the Dems wanting Trump to fail?!!! You bet.
Otay Michael



All I need to get into the money would be the four I usually get along with a 20# kicker.



Own no boring art: www.seewald.com

Name written in the book of life.

Tobey
Posts: 64
Joined: Tue Sep 05, 2006 10:20 am
Location: Concord

Re: Still NO FISHING at Clear Lake

Postby Tobey » Sun Apr 26, 2020 4:05 pm

As I said, I don't really want to get into this again because it doesn't go anywhere (so this will be my last post on the subject).


I agree, conversations on this don't seem to be progressing. I think that we probably agree more than we disagree on this subject. I certainly do not think that ignorance or stupidity are to blame more likely overreaction and fear of the unknown are to blame but this is merely my observation and I do not claim any expertise on this matter.

StogieMan
Posts: 491
Joined: Sat May 07, 2005 9:11 am

Re: Still NO FISHING at Clear Lake

Postby StogieMan » Wed Apr 29, 2020 7:19 am

There are many groups who want access to the lake, not just the fisherman, although as a group we appear to be the most vocal. (at least behind a keyboard :-))

I have written both the supervisors and the Health Officer voicing my opinion and based on the video feed from yesterdays board meeting, Dr. Pace wants 2 more weeks before making a decision to re-open the lake

For those on this board that are local (residents) the county is working under a misconception and I am referring to the infamous weekend that they SIP was active and the lake was crowded with fisherman hence the counties reaction to close the lake. The misconception is they believe the lake was open to "local residents only" and that out of county people flooded to the lake. So that explains their reaction, the reaction of lake closure to protect the public.

Some where, some how, the fact that they were activity selling visitor stickers which is an open invitation has been missed.??

MichaelB
Posts: 297
Joined: Sun Aug 07, 2016 6:48 am
Location: Modesto, CA

Re: Still NO FISHING at Clear Lake

Postby MichaelB » Wed Apr 29, 2020 9:25 am

Since I have now cancelled and re-scheduled two lodging reservations trying to stay ahead of BBT reshuffling their schedule, I was informed by the marina host that Clear Lake would not be opened to out of County residents until the SIP Orders are lifted and Lodging is also re-opened in Lake County. Those hoping that exceptions were forthcoming allowing two guys in a boat to have Lake access will probably be disappointed.

User avatar
DanIsaac
Posts: 2127
Joined: Thu Jun 28, 2007 3:25 pm

Re: Still NO FISHING at Clear Lake

Postby DanIsaac » Wed Apr 29, 2020 10:08 am

StogieMan wrote:There are many groups who want access to the lake, not just the fisherman, although as a group we appear to be the most vocal. (at least behind a keyboard :-))

I have written both the supervisors and the Health Officer voicing my opinion and based on the video feed from yesterdays board meeting, Dr. Pace wants 2 more weeks before making a decision to re-open the lake

For those on this board that are local (residents) the county is working under a misconception and I am referring to the infamous weekend that they SIP was active and the lake was crowded with fisherman hence the counties reaction to close the lake. The misconception is they believe the lake was open to "local residents only" and that out of county people flooded to the lake. So that explains their reaction, the reaction of lake closure to protect the public.

Some where, some how, the fact that they were activity selling visitor stickers which is an open invitation has been missed.??



as much as I want to comment, I will not.....except to say "incomperence rules" in Lake County. That and pure "laziness". Just my opinion an .02.
ReelEx, your source for quality, professional service on your Shimano, Lews, or Revo reels.

Guaranteed 96 hr turnaround on service.
650-454-4938 http://www.reel-ex.com

StogieMan
Posts: 491
Joined: Sat May 07, 2005 9:11 am

Re: Still NO FISHING at Clear Lake

Postby StogieMan » Wed Apr 29, 2020 12:48 pm

Opie,
I know your frustrated, so am I. I want the lake open too and STRONGLY disagree with the decisions made thus far.

However having voiced my opinion (several times) to those who are in positions of responsibility, that is the venue given to me, to all of us, I can do nothing more than respect the decision they have made. Not agree with it but respect it.

Dave Brabec
Posts: 69
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2018 10:58 am

Re: Still NO FISHING at Clear Lake

Postby Dave Brabec » Thu Apr 30, 2020 5:51 am

Emailed health dept yesterday about just opening one ramp for residents.
Their response

Thank you for reaching out , this is the first step of loosening restrictions in hopes to not overwhelm the lake. The aim is to try to loosen in a gradual fashion—focusing first on the areas where people can maintain social distancing. We also have to stay in compliance with the governor’s orders which have not changed.



We these suggestions, we hope that soon we will able to loosen more restrictions in the next phase.

JeffKelly74
Posts: 7
Joined: Wed May 22, 2019 7:22 am

Re: Still NO FISHING at Clear Lake

Postby JeffKelly74 » Thu Apr 30, 2020 6:03 am

Makes no kind of sense to me how shore fishing can somehow be safer than being out on a boat... Out on a boat there's zero possibility of coming into contact with folks you're not regularly in contact with, as opposed to on shore where there's the possibility...

This whole thing needs to clear up... and soon...

User avatar
DanIsaac
Posts: 2127
Joined: Thu Jun 28, 2007 3:25 pm

Re: Still NO FISHING at Clear Lake

Postby DanIsaac » Thu Apr 30, 2020 7:38 am

Dave Brabec wrote:Emailed health dept yesterday about just opening one ramp for residents.
Their response

Thank you for reaching out , this is the first step of loosening restrictions in hopes to not overwhelm the lake. The aim is to try to loosen in a gradual fashion—focusing first on the areas where people can maintain social distancing. We also have to stay in compliance with the governor’s orders which have not changed.



We these suggestions, we hope that soon we will able to loosen more restrictions in the next phase.


I gave them the same suggestion almost 2 weeks ago open one ramp up North and 1 ramp down South to residence that already have 2020 permits and limited to 1 angler per vessel, doing so they could open the Lake immediately and therr would be no enforcemen issues as there would be no questions where the 2nd angler came from they would be able to accomplish their stated goals to limit incoming persons from out of county while still allowing county residents to utilize the resource they pay for or at least help pay for they won't do it. I its just too simple yet they allow in county and out of county kayaks to come in for apparently bird watch or for physical activity enjoyment?

At that time their response was enforcement questions were at hand , but what they fail to realize is is if they put 50 boats on the Lake their enforcement would increase by a potential 100 eyes at no expense to the county. Unfortunately, we have people that rarely utilize, if ever, the resource they're charged with supervising. As such they're making some really stupid and in my opinion ignorant decisions.

I fully understand the need to protect the county from out of county visitors potentially carrying Covid19 into the area, and I fully agree with that, trust me.

However, that being said, the weekend they use as their example as to why there was a need to close the lake in the first place they helped perpetuate by having ramp monitors at Redbud Park selling out of county permits to out of county visitors and then turned around and use that as an excuse or reason to close the Lake to everyone someone please explain to me how that's makes any sense at all.

First you order a shelter in place order, close all nonessential businesses, allow tackle shops to remain open selling out of county permits to out of county visitors and then when the one tackle shop on the Lake followed the order and closed i.e. Clear Lake Bait and Tackle you have a ramp monitor selling out of county permits to non county boaters during a shelter in place. I'm sorry none of that makes any sense to me

I 'm sorry this a "YOUR BAD" on alot of persons part, both government and private business' part. My opinions and my .02. THE 1st thing that should have been done should have been to CEASE non resident permits. The number 1 reason most people come to Lake County is the lake. Limit boat capacity to 1 or perhaps 2 with ID on the second and your good to go.

Had shops not stayed open selling out of county permits and had county employees not sold them at ramp(s), you would not have had 200+ out of county boats on the lake, or if the County had exercised some commonsense we would not be in this position. Hidesight is always 20/20 so where was the direction and supervision of County officials before? I'm sure shops would do it over again differently, not so sure about the County though! Again, my opinion, nothing more.

They've re-opened golf courses and other boating. But only fishing from shore. Really?
ReelEx, your source for quality, professional service on your Shimano, Lews, or Revo reels.

Guaranteed 96 hr turnaround on service.
650-454-4938 http://www.reel-ex.com

MichaelB
Posts: 297
Joined: Sun Aug 07, 2016 6:48 am
Location: Modesto, CA

Re: Still NO FISHING at Clear Lake

Postby MichaelB » Thu Apr 30, 2020 9:10 am

DanIsaac wrote: I gave them the same suggestion almost 2 weeks ago open one ramp up North and 1 ramp down South to residence that already have 2020 permits and limited to 1 angler per vessel

Lake County, or any other government entity is not going to issue any guideline that limits "one angler per vessel" on the grounds it is not safe. We may believe it is safe as we fish alone frequently. If the County were to issue these guidelines, and a fisherman drowned, the automatic response will be: Here is my lawsuit, you forced my husband to fish in an unsafe manner...... in this litigious society we live in, these matters need to be considered.

kam
Posts: 66
Joined: Sun Dec 12, 2010 8:33 am

Re: Still NO FISHING at Clear Lake

Postby kam » Thu Apr 30, 2020 8:15 pm

Once again Dan is spot on.Thanks for your input Bud

User avatar
DanIsaac
Posts: 2127
Joined: Thu Jun 28, 2007 3:25 pm

Re: Still NO FISHING at Clear Lake

Postby DanIsaac » Thu Apr 30, 2020 8:33 pm

MichaelB wrote:
DanIsaac wrote: I gave them the same suggestion almost 2 weeks ago open one ramp up North and 1 ramp down South to residence that already have 2020 permits and limited to 1 angler per vessel

Lake County, or any other government entity is not going to issue any guideline that limits "one angler per vessel" on the grounds it is not safe. We may believe it is safe as we fish alone frequently. If the County were to issue these guidelines, and a fisherman drowned, the automatic response will be: Here is my lawsuit, you forced my husband to fish in an unsafe manner...... in this litigious society we live in, these matters need to be considered.



Perhaps, but it is no different than a jet ski or wave runner. Posted "participate under these restrictions at your own risk" is all it would take. Besides it would'nt he as UNSAFE as some of thg he peoples I've rode with over the years!....;)
ReelEx, your source for quality, professional service on your Shimano, Lews, or Revo reels.

Guaranteed 96 hr turnaround on service.
650-454-4938 http://www.reel-ex.com

User avatar
Kelly Ripa
Posts: 1928
Joined: Sun May 08, 2005 6:39 am
Location: Ojai

Re: Still NO FISHING at Clear Lake

Postby Kelly Ripa » Thu Apr 30, 2020 8:55 pm

I'm a 63 year old type 1 diabetic . Gavin got me tossed out of work for 7 weeks. Now I am back at work as part of our essential workforce. I am a Tool and Die Maker whose skills could be called upon in this manufacturing emergency. :lol: My work called me and had new protocol everywhere in place. Come back to work or you get a 25% reduction in wages which you can make up with sick/vac pay. I called and asked how it was that Gov. Gavin tossed me in the street and they paid me my full salary and the company now says it's fine for me to work and am I not breaking shelter in place restrictions? No No everything is fine you can come back if you decide we are safe. My biggest question is WHY am I an essential worker when our product is pool and spa heaters?(commercial and residential) And who the hell is going to be buying pool heaters for a pool that is closed down by the county? Why is this place even open? To my friends I have made three forecasts ahead of headlines as of late around California and all proven to be the reality of the situation as opposed to the version seen by most of the U.S. on their television sets. They all were simple to guess at really. We live in California so if you don't know which way the wind is blowing don't stand next to a fire. Dupped you say Michael.....Tip of the iceberg I would say. Term limits for all

Life is good...we are alive and we will live to fish again.

Rip
Remember ...What the Dormouse said...Feed your head!

birdman920
Posts: 312
Joined: Sat Nov 28, 2015 4:23 pm

Re: Still NO FISHING at Clear Lake

Postby birdman920 » Fri May 01, 2020 9:25 am

Dr. Gary Pace, Lake Co. board of health, should be removed from his position !, this has gone way beyond absurd !, he obviously , has some other agenda, other than Covid 19 ?.......

StogieMan
Posts: 491
Joined: Sat May 07, 2005 9:11 am

Re: Still NO FISHING at Clear Lake

Postby StogieMan » Fri May 01, 2020 10:21 am

I am in no way looking to stir the pot but if you are serious then you need to do some homework.
Pace is not elected he is appointed, so you would need to find the person or persons responsible for putting him in that position.

I would love to hear from Dr. Tait, she held the office prior to Pace and I am confident she would be handling things differently. As i have stated on another post, fisherman are not highly regarded here by the community. As a local resident I know this to be true and we should be asking ourselves why this is the case? In other words you could be spot on, that there is another agenda at play.

birdman920
Posts: 312
Joined: Sat Nov 28, 2015 4:23 pm

Re: Still NO FISHING at Clear Lake

Postby birdman920 » Fri May 01, 2020 10:37 am

Yes !.... he might be the weirdo that gives me crap” every time I get close to his dock !

Ben520
Posts: 55
Joined: Sun Nov 08, 2015 8:59 pm

Re: Still NO FISHING at Clear Lake

Postby Ben520 » Fri May 01, 2020 6:20 pm

Did anyone think the other agenda they may have ( just my 02 cents ) is keeping people off the lake and not getting that revenue coming in, which between fisherman and skiers and other water activities is one hell of a lot of money, they, the county could claim a big loss due to this situation and put in for bail out money from feds or state,which would go to the county not business.
Far fetched thinking
Never let a crisis go to waste,
I think I heard that from Queen Polosi

birdman920
Posts: 312
Joined: Sat Nov 28, 2015 4:23 pm

Re: Still NO FISHING at Clear Lake

Postby birdman920 » Sat May 02, 2020 11:50 am

Ben520 wrote:Did anyone think the other agenda they may have ( just my 02 cents ) is keeping people off the lake and not getting that revenue coming in, which between fisherman and skiers and other water activities is one hell of a lot of money, they, the county could claim a big loss due to this situation and put in for bail out money from feds or state,which would go to the county not business.
Far fetched thinking
Never let a crisis go to waste,
I think I heard that from Queen Polosi

Yes !... that makes perfect sense !... longer lake co. is on lockdown “ the more Fed relief $ ‘ they can get !, its just like the hospitals , reporting every death ‘ as a Covid death ‘, just to get the extra $ !...

Csuhchris
Posts: 11
Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2018 11:52 am

Re: Still NO FISHING at Clear Lake

Postby Csuhchris » Sun May 03, 2020 3:58 pm

Get anything that floats! The fishing is legit and there is literally a handful of kayaks on the lake and half are not fishing!

birdman920
Posts: 312
Joined: Sat Nov 28, 2015 4:23 pm

Re: Still NO FISHING at Clear Lake

Postby birdman920 » Sun May 03, 2020 4:59 pm

Csuhchris wrote:Get anything that floats! The fishing is legit and there is literally a handful of kayaks on the lake and half are not fishing!

Bank fishing only !.... last I heard!...??????

Csuhchris
Posts: 11
Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2018 11:52 am

Re: Still NO FISHING at Clear Lake

Postby Csuhchris » Sun May 03, 2020 5:49 pm

Nope! Made an announcement on Friday.

Csuhchris
Posts: 11
Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2018 11:52 am

Re: Still NO FISHING at Clear Lake

Postby Csuhchris » Sun May 03, 2020 5:51 pm

Check Social media post by Dr. Pace and Sheriff!

birdman920
Posts: 312
Joined: Sat Nov 28, 2015 4:23 pm

Re: Still NO FISHING at Clear Lake

Postby birdman920 » Sun May 03, 2020 7:14 pm

3190E916-8875-4049-8F61-9CE5BAA4FF4C.png
Csuhchris wrote:Check Social media post by Dr. Pace and Sheriff!

StogieMan
Posts: 491
Joined: Sat May 07, 2005 9:11 am

Re: Still NO FISHING at Clear Lake

Postby StogieMan » Wed May 06, 2020 3:11 pm

Today I stopped by a local tackle shop that is open, dropped a $100 just because, I mean its not like i needed this stuff but felt its the right thing to do.

I was told that the No Fishing rule from a kayak changed on Saturday, I had not heard that?

MichaelB
Posts: 297
Joined: Sun Aug 07, 2016 6:48 am
Location: Modesto, CA

Re: Still NO FISHING at Clear Lake

Postby MichaelB » Wed May 06, 2020 4:01 pm

StogieMan wrote:Today I stopped by a local tackle shop that is open, dropped a $100 just because, I mean its not like i needed this stuff but felt its the right thing to do.

I was told that the No Fishing rule from a kayak changed on Saturday, I had not heard that?


See link:
page 11 (K)(c)
This order which was issued May 01 now expires at 11:59 pm Sunday May 17

http://www.lakecountyca.gov/Assets/Depa ... ecuted.pdf

Lawley
Posts: 36
Joined: Wed May 06, 2020 9:35 am

Re: Still NO FISHING at Clear Lake

Postby Lawley » Wed May 06, 2020 6:35 pm

Wow been a long time since I went to clear lake
I stayed there for a Hank Jr show and caught catfish

It’s on my list to bass fish. Maybe this summer too water bite

Ben520
Posts: 55
Joined: Sun Nov 08, 2015 8:59 pm

Re: Still NO FISHING at Clear Lake

Postby Ben520 » Wed May 06, 2020 9:11 pm

Lake county heads of ( county ) not sure of your plan and nobody else does either but something is way wrong here,maybe somebody should look into this. Never know new eyes might see things different, monitor ramps and let fisherman fish , don't think that's your problem
Fishermen vote also


Return to “Fishing”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 22 guests