supercharger=better mpg??

Share vehicle info.
brookdavis

supercharger=better mpg??

Post by brookdavis »

I know this is only a little bit correlated, but I got to thinking about car performance parts when I saw that you wanted to increase your mileage. I was browsing online today and looking for superchargers and checking prices and all that when I came across an electric supercharger. Yes, and its MUCH cheaper than the conventional kit. Does this thing actually work? It says that it would increase your torque and MPG, but I dont know if I can believe it.
Dan McKenzie

Re: supercharger=better mpg??

Post by Dan McKenzie »

It's a scam plain and simple. There is "no way" that this thing would even produce an ounce of boost. In reality its little more than an expensive blow dryer. Save your money on this gimmick.
Mike H

Re: supercharger=better mpg?? YES, if its real

Post by Mike H »

Like Dan said, the electric one is nothing more than blow dryer, however if you get a real supercharger you will increase your gas mileage, that is a promise. I've got the 122 Radix by MagnaCharger on mine and I love it! I can crest Walker Pass, elevation 5250, on my way to lake Isabella and the tach maybe goes to 2500, unless I want to pass someone of course. The motor runs more efficently and does not have to work as hard to do the same thing it used to do without the blower.

The only down side is they are not real cheap but in my opinion, if you can afford it, its well worth the investment. Oh yeah, yes its CARB approved.
Mike Holbrook

http://bassnman.com
biteme

Post by biteme »

TURBO!!!!! SC uses power to make power. Turbo uses spent exhaust gas.
Mike H

Post by Mike H »

Turbo's are nice but I'd rather be blown.....

Sorry, I couldnt resist.

The Magnacharger Radix as well as the new TVS, is a complete bolt on kit and does not void your warranty.
Mike Holbrook

http://bassnman.com