More on the Bass Pro Shops shooting

WB Staff

More on the Bass Pro Shops shooting

Post by WB Staff »

bass pro shooter.png
SPANISH FORT, Ala. (WPMI) — Spanish Fort police provided an update on the man accused of firing shots Saturday at Bass Pro Shops.

SFPD Chief John Barber said a search warrant was conducted Sunday at the suspect's house.

The suspect was identified as 38-year-old Robert Smith from Grove Hill.

Police said Smith had 8 guns in total. Three of the recovered guns are assault rifles, one is an AR pistol, one is a shotgun and one is a 9mm short rifle. Two pistols and hundreds of ammo were also recovered.

https://weartv.com/news/local/spanish-f ... incident-1
WB Staff

Re: More on the Bass Pro Shops shooting

Post by WB Staff »

GROVE HILL, Ala. (WPMI) — Following the shooting incident at Bass Pro Shops in Spanish Fort the family of the alleged shooter is speaking out.

The family of Robert Smith Jr. is in shock right now and say they are searching for answers as this behavior was out of character for him.

They say they’re thankful no one including “Junior” was seriously injured or killed and they're so sorry for any trauma and damage he caused to the community.

“We are shocked. We are hurt. We don’t understand now what’s going on and why it happened. Robert Junior is my cousin. I love him dearly and the family loves him dearly,” Rev. Al Smith, Robert Smith Jr.’s cousin, said.

Robert Smith Jr.’s cousins and uncle said he was never known to be violent.

“I’m still shocked. I want to know. That wasn’t really him. He wasn’t that type of person. He wasn’t raised like that. He was raised in a good family with all of us. We are all his folks,” Walter Creighton, Robert Smith Jr.’s uncle, said.

More info and video: https://mynbc15.com/news/local/family-o ... speaks-out
mark poulson

Post by mark poulson »

So how many times was he shot?
Attitude plus effort equal success
CLEAN AND DRY
gixxer464

Post by gixxer464 »

mark poulson wrote:So how many times was he shot?
Probably zero if he listened to law enforcement orders and directives and didn't resist.
Burke

Post by Burke »

He wasn't shot. He got tasered twice by the police. He was wearing body armor.

They were lucky that employees locked many of the doors once the shooting started and he couldn't get inside. He had multiple guns in his possession outside Bass Pro.
mark poulson

Post by mark poulson »

Burke wrote:He wasn't shot. He got tasered twice by the police. He was wearing body armor.

They were lucky that employees locked many of the doors once the shooting started and he couldn't get inside. He had multiple guns in his possession outside Bass Pro.
"There was a female that was with him yesterday. We interviewed her. At this point, she has been released. She has not been arrested for anything at this point in the investigation," Barber said.

Chief barber says this investigation is ongoing. He says Smith faces a number of charges including resisting arrest, reckless endangerment, discharging a firearm into an occupied building, and assault 2nd degree related to injuring an officer while being taken into custody.

So he got off 50 rounds into an occupied building and that's all he's charged with?
Attitude plus effort equal success
CLEAN AND DRY
DanIsaac

Post by DanIsaac »

Well, I hate to say it but he'd already be released on OR if it was in CA.
ReelEx, your source for quality, professional service on your Shimano, Lews, or Revo reels.

Guaranteed 96 hr turnaround on service.
650-454-4938 http://www.reel-ex.com
MikeR

Post by MikeR »

DanIsaac wrote:Well, I hate to say it but he'd already be released on OR if it was in CA.
Truth!
Always lookin' for mud lines!
https://signarama.com/locations/ca-ventura/