Switchfire 2D Sonar Finds the Fish!

Moderators: Doug Vahrenberg, Triton Mike

Doug Vahrenberg

Switchfire 2D Sonar Finds the Fish!

Post by Doug Vahrenberg »

Got some cool images of some fish and caught several bass out of them. Awesome thing with Humminbird is you can see each fish in the structure without blowing them out with a psychedelic haze of colors. Switchfirehas excellent seperation so you can find each and every fish...

Skeeter, Yamaha, MinnKota, Humminbird, Dobyns, LakeMaster, Transducer Shield & Saver, LuckyCraft, Daiwa, Dave's Custom Baits, OMEGA Tackle, Elite Tungsten, Angler Innovation, Massey Ferguson
mark poulson

Re: Switchfire 2D Sonar Finds the Fish!

Post by mark poulson »

When I try the switchfire screen, it looks like it's completely filled with colors.
I never see the open water like in your picture.
Do I need to adjust the sensitivity?
Attitude plus effort equal success
CLEAN AND DRY
Doug Vahrenberg

Yes...sounds like you have the sensitivity set too high. This video may help some of a presentation I did: http://youtu.be/RhVfy4QBMFM

Skeeter, Yamaha, MinnKota, Humminbird, Dobyns, LakeMaster, Transducer Shield & Saver, LuckyCraft, Daiwa, Dave's Custom Baits, OMEGA Tackle, Elite Tungsten, Angler Innovation, Massey Ferguson
sbbassdude

Post by sbbassdude »

Is there a way to determine where the structure and fish is located in relationship to the boat? Left, right, front, back?
- JC
mark poulson

Post by mark poulson »

Will there be new software updates for my 997 unit?
CLEAN AND DRY
Doug Vahrenberg

sbbassdude wrote:Is there a way to determine where the structure and fish is located in relationship to the boat? Left, right, front, back?

Not in 2D Sonar or Down Imaging the Only Sonar that can tell you left or right of transducer is QuadraBeam or Side Imaging.

Doug Vahrenberg

mark poulson wrote:Will there be new software updates for my 997 unit?
As long as your unit can support the new features and upgrades Humminbird will continue to update. Just log on to Your Account on www.humminbird.com and check to see if you ahve the latest version

mark poulson

Post by mark poulson »

Thanks.
CLEAN AND DRY