Thanksgiving and U.S. Troops

For political discussions
Dan McKenzie

Thanksgiving and U.S. Troops

Post by Dan McKenzie »

I don't care to debate if you think the ongoing wars in Iraq and Afghanistan are right or wrong, we all have opinioins and we are not likely to change what each other thinks.

I believe as an Americans it is our duty for us to support them, for us to do our part in helping keep their spirits high, I know, as does anyone who has ever served in the millitary that the holidays are the hardest time of all, it is very difficult to be seperated from family and friends during this time and war makes it even harder.

There are many things one can do, care packages, monetary donations, adopt a troop, the lists and needs are endless, I've listed a few organizations below tha I believe are worthy, but I encourage you to check them as well as others out. Doing anything is better than nothing, just knowing that Americans back home care about them is worth more than we'll ever know.

They need our help.
Dan McKenzie

www.americasupportsyou.mil/
www.anysoldier.com/
www.adoptaplatoon.org/
www.uso.org/
www.operation-support-our-troops.org
www.legion.org/support/index.php
http://www.defenselink.mil/releases/200 ... 32-02.html
Rob Cummings

Re: Thanksgiving and U.S. Troops

Post by Rob Cummings »

That's a great post Mr McKenzie. As a GI, I haven't had a x-mas with my familiy in the 9 years I've been in the military. I'm numb to it now and don't ask for a single thing, other than echoing your sentiments in asking that if someone feels the need to give back to the troops then please click on one of those links. If you're unsure about those links, send me a pm to get in contact and I'll help you out in getting your thanks directly to a troop in harm's way..whether it's a care package or just an email. Don't forget that even though you may not get a thank you in return, the smallest gesture of gratitude on your part can make someone momentarily forget about the 2-24 months of "unfavorable" conditions they live in.
"I believe that forgiving them is God's function. Our job is simply to arrange the meeting." -General N. Schwarzkopf