is there any problem with??

Brian Manthe

is there any problem with??

Post by Brian Manthe »

Is there any problem with running the bow mounted and console mounted depth finders on the same battery. Will it cause any interference between the 2 units?

Thanks
Bassman
mark poulson

Re: is there any problem with??

Post by mark poulson »

Most boats I've fished out of, including my own, have both sonar units hooked up to the same battery, the cranking battery.
The only interference I've encountered is when I run both units at the same time, expecially if the front unit is set at high sensitivity.
The console unit is more powerful, so if I leave it on when I'm on the bow, I will sometimes see vertical interferance lines on the front unit.
If I'm fishing alone, I'll turn the console off when I go up front. If I'm fishing with someone else, I'll turn the sensitivity down until the lines are barely visible.
If I'm fishing deep, over 30', the front unit will "lose the bottom" on the digital readout because it's getting pings from the console unit, but the graph is still accurate.
Attitude plus effort equal success
CLEAN AND DRY
Schneider Fishing

I agree*NM*

Post by Schneider Fishing »

*NM*
Robert Schneider
My wife is my real sponsor

www.PhenixBaits.com
Brian D.

Wow Mark....

Post by Brian D. »

You've been studyin yer tekno-dweeb manual! kudos!
~~ I'm trying to think but nothing happens ~~
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8MhaihAw7I&feature=related
mark poulson

Re: Wow Mark....

Post by mark poulson »

Sensei,
You know I can't reeeeeed! :lol:
I just wish I could figure out why my GPS puts me on land when I'm actually in the water. Ron T. made sense when he said it was a map problem, that the Navionics and Lowrance maps I have aren't jibing with the GPS, but that just pisses me off. Why did I spend money for those chips if they aren't accurate? I know, I'm an IDIOT! At least, that's how it feels right now. I've tried for three years, and emailed Lowrance to boot. They haven't even returned my email. Oh, woe is me! Such big problems to worry about! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Attitude plus effort equal success
CLEAN AND DRY
Brian D.

Only recently

Post by Brian D. »

did the US Military enable satellites to provide accurate Lat&long data to the civilian population. For many years satellite accuracy was relatively accurate (up to 300") largely due to national security and the cold war. Now we have accuracy up to ... literally a few feet of a marked way point.

Mapping software is getting better every year. Many of the lake map makers enlist a boaters/fishermen to help flush out finer details.
~~ I'm trying to think but nothing happens ~~
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8MhaihAw7I&feature=related