Very Poor Tackle Warehouse Shipping

Tony M

Very Poor Tackle Warehouse Shipping

Post by Tony M »

Tackle Warehouse has used Golden State Overnight shipping for some time. They did a very good job of getting the product out in a timely manner. Golden State has been bought out by another company recently and the shipping has been terrible. I don't mind taking a little longer with the Covid thing going on, but my last two orders out of three have come up missing. Hopefully this new company can rectify this. If not, Tackle Warehouse needs to use a different source for their shipping. Just my 2 cents.
Tony Mello
sdavis24

Re: Very Poor Tackle Warehouse Shipping

Post by sdavis24 »

There is a large banner about COVID shipping delays on their <edit: Tackle Warehouse's> website. I think it's far more likely the result of that than the shipping company. In my experience GSO has gotten better recently.
Whoopbass

Post by Whoopbass »

I've had issues with other carriers and sellers. Everybody is using this Covid nonsense to be lazy and have stupid policies.
keeb

Post by keeb »

Has been working very well for me. Sounds like bad luck
Tony M

Post by Tony M »

It’s no longer GSO. They were bought out by another shipping company. I have been ordering for over 8 years and have never had an issue, until recently. I realize shipping will probably take longer now, but to loose two orders out of three is not acceptable.
Wrknap

Post by Wrknap »

I haven't had any problems during the covid issues. Over night shipping at my door, on time. Years ago a shipment went missing, I thought someone might have taken it off of my porch, I called TWH and they shipped another order that day. No questions asked. Stuff does happen...
Tony M

Post by Tony M »

No problem with Tackle Warehouse. They have been very good Over the years and when these orders went missing, they replaced immediately. Just questioning the new shipping company.
185vsfrog

Post by 185vsfrog »

No problems for me also. I live in the Bay Area. Last order I made was Friday night and my order arrived Monday. Must have been some bad luck
MikeR

Post by MikeR »

I"m in Ventura and I've emailed their Customer Service dept. twice in the last year or so regarding the poorer service by GSO. They are aware. It has most definitely been worse since GSO was bought out. For the most part... until COVID, the service had gotten better and I've chosen to have all orders shipped using GSO with the exception of 1 or 2, each time after a bad experience. Since COVID, I've had delays of up to 3 days waiting for product and had a 2 package order I placed, delivered over a two day period even though both scanned in at the Visalia distribution center at the same time. A new order I just placed yesterday is scheduled for delivery today. I think it's getting better as this COVID CRAP gets behind us.
Always lookin' for mud lines!
https://signarama.com/locations/ca-ventura/
biteme

Post by biteme »

I'll never use the GSO option again. Placed my order and three days later the package came. My truck was in my driveway and I guess this upset the driver. He pulled on my lawn reached over and tossed the box toward my porch.

I had all this on ring and reported it to the company. Hope dude got fired.

As far as TW. I've had shipping delays from Amazon and TW. Land big fish, eBay, target ECT no issues.
Until TW Amazon get things straightened out I'll keep using other sources.
MikeR

Post by MikeR »

My package arrived in one day and on time today.
Always lookin' for mud lines!
https://signarama.com/locations/ca-ventura/
cl smoov

Post by cl smoov »

The GSO carrier here in AZ (Gilbert) "had" a habit of parking in my driveway. I watched him do this 3 or 4 times while I was at work on my RING app. A couple of weeks later I stayed home and caught this chunker pulling in to my driveway while I was in my garage gettin' my boat prepared for an afternoon session. Before he could even get it into park I asked his big *** to get back in his van back out onto the street. While he slothed outta the van with my package I asked him if that was an accepted company practice -- his response, "I'm just trying to save time". Told him I get it, but not my driveway scooter. No problems since.

On the flip side, I never had an issue with time of delivery. Pre or Post Covid.

Hey Whoopass, business owners and workers are not being lazy nor stupid in the carrier biz buddy. These folks need money for food and rent. The COVID challenges are impacting carrier companies globally. If you ever owned a business understand there is the risk of litigation when the government imposes work condition standards for employees. This slows down things, not laziness. Stop pre-judging and gain context first before you conclude.
DarWise

Post by DarWise »

GSO was bought out by a company from the U.K. back in mid 2018. It was a rocky transition for deliveries and a lot of regular GSO drivers were laid off in favor of less expensive drivers.

I recently placed a few orders from Tackle Warehouse and each one arrived within 1-2 days. If you take a minute to read their COVID-19 statement you will see that there are some slight delays, and they are updated regularly.
marinerfandave

Post by marinerfandave »

I ordered earlier this week in the morning and received it the next day.
milehi

Post by milehi »

Returned something to them end of last week, reorder coming today, seems pretty good to me
MarkB67

Post by MarkB67 »

Live in the Walnut Creek area ... ordered on Thursday showed up Saturday AM. Only time I ever had an issue was when I was waiting on a backordered item (D-Bomb in Cali Love - gotta have em @ the Delta) and I finally was sick of waiting for my shipment, called TW and changed the color to something in-stock (very friendly on the phone) and my shipment was there in two days.
BiggieSmall

Post by BiggieSmall »

I had an issue back a year or so ago with Golden State overnight. They lost my package twice so I called Tacklewarehouse to change my to Ups. They were happy to obliged. (I think the Golden State overnight driver took my package twice cause I would track it and it would say that the package was in route for delivery. Then I would check it later and it would say lost twice. I was soooo pissed!)
d75bender

Post by d75bender »

My last order from TW said it was delivered and I got home and it wasn't there. When I messaged TW they told me to go check with all my neighbors to make sure they hadn't received my package. So I did and none of my neighbors had my delivery so they told me to wait a week to see if it turned up. I couldn't believe it, I wanted the tackle I ordered for that weekend and I was told to wait and see if it turned up. I wouldn't have minded a refund so I could go purchase the tackle at a local store but they didn't want to refund my money and they wouldn't reship my order out to me.

I have ordered many items previously through TW and never had an issue but this order did surprise me at how little effort they made to make it right. 4 days later someone from 2 streets over rang my door bell and somehow they had my delivery. I'm happy they were cool enough to bring it to me so it all worked out but what are the odds of that happening?

I was really unimpressed with how TW handled that situation even though it all worked out in the end.
mark poulson

Post by mark poulson »

I have shopped Tackle Warehouse for many years, and they always respond to my emails if there's ever an issue. I get my stuff, in Antioch, in two days normally.
Attitude plus effort equal success
CLEAN AND DRY
gixxer464

Post by gixxer464 »

Ordered about $400 yesterday morning. Package received today by noon. Just a hair over 24hrs and I live in So.Cal. Excellent service as always. Thanks Tackle Warehouse, you guys are awesome.
Bassmonkey1980

Post by Bassmonkey1980 »

I've had no issue's ive ordered 2 times in August came in 2 days both times.
Morgan

Post by Morgan »

I ordered Wed, got my shipment Thursday at the Clear Lake RV park. Pretty damn good, I say