Uncle Josh pork frogs

Moderators: MKA, Caudawg

abaohio1

Uncle Josh pork frogs

Post by abaohio1 »

Does anybody remember the size of Uncle Josh pork frog #101? I see where they came back out with the #11 but prefer a smaller size for a 1/4 oz. jig. Might try to cut a #11 down if I can get the size of a #101. Thanks
milehi

Re: Uncle Josh pork frogs

Post by milehi »

Have been using #11s on light jigs forever, work well. Used to use 101s on hair jigs
Kelly Ripa

Post by Kelly Ripa »

101 on a skinny bear jig. I out fished my entire club in a January tournament at Lopez. I went to paca chunks but they have to much action for the cold water of winter so after 65 degrees they are back in the line up.
[b]Let's go Brandon[/b]
Remember ...What the Dormouse said...Feed your head!
WRB

Post by WRB »

There now 2 companies offering the UJ #11 &#10 pork frogs, Acme and Papaw E’s. The 101 Spin frog is a different shape but you can cut the side down and tapper the fat down thinner towards the nose end using a fillet knife. You can re dye the trimmed pork using Rite liquid dye 50/50 to warm water over night.
Robins Super Pork was far better then UJ, softer and floated.
I still use hair jigs and pork trailers year round when get out, still work good.
Tom
PS, hand poured soft plastic trailers have good colder water movement like Iovino craw a good 101 substitute.
abaohio1

Post by abaohio1 »

Thanks for the info guys.
WB Staff

Post by WB Staff »

UNCLE JOSH #11 AND #10 ORIGINAL PORK FROGS are available at Fishermans Warehouse
https://www.fishermanswarehouse.com/sto ... osh%20pork
Attachments
Uncle Josh pork frogs.jpg
Nitro858

Post by Nitro858 »

IMG_2508.jpg
1 7/8 x 3/4"
ash
SpeedBump

Post by ash »

I know this post is about Pork Frogs and I loved me some SuperPork (hell I even have a few bottles left) if you haven't had a chance to check out the Berkley Max Scent "Meaty Chunk Trailer" I highly recommend it. It has that same type of texture and action as pork and that max scent has that funky fresh scent that fish love. The best pork substitute I have found in terms of action in cold and warm water. I know the OG's will understand :D
- JaJa Jigs - Get THUNKED
Links to Check Out -
https://www.instagram.com/jm_ash/
https://www.bestbasstournaments.com/
WRB

Post by WRB »

ash wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 8:32 am I know this post is about Pork Frogs and I loved me some SuperPork (hell I even have a few bottles left) if you haven't had a chance to check out the Berkley Max Scent "Meaty Chunk Trailer" I highly recommend it. It has that same type of texture and action as pork and that max scent has that funky fresh scent that fish love. The best pork substitute I have found in terms of action in cold and warm water. I know the OG's will understand :D
Do they float? The key factor with pork trailers is floating up at rest to trigger strike.
Tom
WB Staff

Post by WB Staff »

gabuelhaj

Post by gabuelhaj »

WRB wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 12:52 pm
ash wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 8:32 am I know this post is about Pork Frogs and I loved me some SuperPork (hell I even have a few bottles left) if you haven't had a chance to check out the Berkley Max Scent "Meaty Chunk Trailer" I highly recommend it. It has that same type of texture and action as pork and that max scent has that funky fresh scent that fish love. The best pork substitute I have found in terms of action in cold and warm water. I know the OG's will understand :D
Do they float? The key factor with pork trailers is floating up at rest to trigger strike.
Tom
No floaters in the batch I have.

Good luck!
Glenn Abuelhaj
eastbayanglers

Post by eastbayanglers »

Been using the acme since they dropped feels like 18 months ago or so bought 200$ worth they work great Yes i wish there were 100 more options i would get more.
ash
SpeedBump

Post by ash »

WRB wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 12:52 pm
Tom
They have great buoyancy, I'm telling your Tom this is a great plastic imitator. Best I've found
- JaJa Jigs - Get THUNKED
Links to Check Out -
https://www.instagram.com/jm_ash/
https://www.bestbasstournaments.com/
WRB

Post by WRB »

Papaw E’s are soft, float and veteran hand made pork trailers. I personally haven’t bought any pork trailers because I make my own and saved a few quarts jars of Super Pork & UJ for my now limited use. Sold 42 jars to a site member 2 years ago.
Posted a recipe on how to make pork trailers a few years ago on this site.
The current retail price for 2 or 3 pork trailers is pricey, but taken care of will last until you lose the jig.
Seems like conflicting reply on the Max Scent Meat trailers.
Tom