Tulloch Turkey shoots

bass343

Lake Tulloch Turkey shoots

Post by bass343 »

Does anyone have a contact for the turkey shoots in Lake Tulloch? I would like to fish those but I wonder if they would allow me to fish out of a Kayak?

Bass343
bass343

Tulloch Turkey shoots

Post by bass343 »

Does anyone have a contact for the turkey shoots in Lake Tulloch? I would like to fish those but I wonder if they would allow me to fish out of a Kayak?

Bass343
Chad Sweitzer

Re: Tulloch Turkey shoots

Post by Chad Sweitzer »

If you’re on Facebook, the page is “Grumpy Ole Men Tulloch Night Series”
They are a blast to fish but I would be hesitant to try and fish that tourney out of a kayak, the shotgun blast off was wild, and if there is a speed limit at night, it isn’t enforced, or followed (I fished a few of them last year so maybe it’s changed since then).
PB: Spot-9.625 (Shasta Record) LMB-13.27 SM-4.36
Whoopbass

Post by Whoopbass »

Get a boat with a livewell.
You don't want to kill the fish the that you catch do you?
bass343

Post by bass343 »

Thank you all for your post. I’m always able to have a floating Livewell to keep my fish alive. Not an issue there.

Now during blast off, I could always head out once everybody has taken off. I don’t plan on going out to far on my kayak.

I don’t see how this could be an issue for me to fish these turkey shoots out of my kayak?

I have all the required navigation lights and all proper US Coast Guard requirements as a fishing vessel like any other bass boat just in a much smaller scale.

Dan.
Whoopbass

Post by Whoopbass »

I'm pretty confident if you showed up to fish you would be able to. The fish care issue would be the only obstacle but a floating livewell has got to be better than an ice chest which guys have used in the past.
The first tournament will cost you $40 and then $30 after that.
You can join their Facebook page and get it cleared before you go.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1608055592813030
If you don't get a response in time for tomorrow's tourney then I would just show up.
Whoopbass

Post by Whoopbass »

I spoke with the TD last night and he said kayaks are welcome as long as they have a livewell.