UFC 68

Sports talk forum
sTony

UFC 68

Post by sTony »

Tim Silvia to fight Randy Couture for the heavyweight championship. I guess Randy and retirement didn't work out so well.

sTony
Last edited by sTony on Wed Jan 31, 2007 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
mike goodwin

Re: UFC 68

Post by mike goodwin »

Hey sTony, neither will a come back. Tim will spank ol Randy...Mike G
Sean Graf

Re: UFC 68

Post by Sean Graf »

Agreed, Tim will retain his belt, but it would be awesome if he got spanked by the old man. I'm not a Tim Silvia fan so it would be great for me to see him on his back sleeping from a right to the noggin!
Bob Simard

Boy I don't know....

Post by Bob Simard »

Silvia flat out stunk the joint up at Arco. He had like a 4 foot reach on Mooson and couldn't put him away.

After watching him in person, I believe Randy won't have a problem with Silvia - simply because Tim's not exactly "the Cardio kid."

Speaking of which, how bad is Matt Hughes going to beat up Chris Lytle? Man that's going to be am absolute beatdown. I liked Chris on the Ultimate Fighter and really think he got screwed on the Serra decision but Matt will crush him. Matt needs a quick, statement victory to get back what he lost. And honestly, after seeing that St Pierre fight, I think Matt and Georges could fight 10 times and St Pierre would win 7 - 8 of them. Unless someone has either 1) taught Matt how to defend a round kick or 2) hit him in the head with a baseball bat enough times that his skull is hardened to take the shin.

The Babalu - Jason Lambert fight should be a good matchup. Love Sobral...... Dude is mad on the ground.

I'm looking forward to seeing Rich fight again also. Huge fan - he got his head handed to him - but he's a class act. I'm hoping he bounces back strong.

But hey - it's the UFC - it's all good!
sTony

Re: Boy I don't know....

Post by sTony »

I sure wish they'd fill in some of those TBD's on this fight card. I'd love to know who's fighting who. Hughes should beat the snot out of Lytle. I'll take Babalu over Lambert although I expect it'll be a damn good fight. The real question is who's Franklin and Kampmann goign to go at it with? Ought to be interesting to see how Ace comes back after the beat down he took from Silva.

sTony