Warranty

Kelly Ripa

Warranty

Post by Kelly Ripa »

So twice now I've been sent a rod from Loomis using the Xpeditor service that are basically worthless to me. 120 plus or minus bucks they send you your broken rod or the best match if it's discontinued. Technically I own 15 G Loomis rods. I better not break another or I will be SOL on them also as I bought a lot of rods prior to technique specific rods and they are to MY SPECS. I now have a salmon rod (bait caster) and a trout rod (spinning) Neither rod even remotely close to the originals specs I purchased but ...here ya go here is your new rod. It's interesting in I still have another of both of these rods since I considered them essential back in the day and today I lean on skills I have honed with these actions. Now that I am an old man skew it I'll buy and beat the hell outta what ever and never look back. True that rod is ancient at 25 plus years but is it worth any fee to purchase something that does not go back into your hand seamlessly to do the job you purchased it for? Dream land :shock: . A reel you can get it taken care of darn near forever...but I personally feel that Loomis has lost their way. Thanks to Shimano the rods that would fill in are no longer available from Loomis but I'm willing to put a penny bet down that Shimano more closely has the actions and lengths that are void from the shelf now at Loomis. Times change. Best go find what I need elsewhere. I just bought a glass rod from Diawa that was like 120 bucks ...It's the best rod in the world for a chatter bait on braid.10 years ago I bought a Dobyns 804 cranking stick...It has A Job to do and it does it well....I guess it's technique specific and quality be damned.

Rip
LET'S GO BRANDON
Remember ...What the Dormouse said...Feed your head!
rico

Re: Warranty

Post by rico »

New discontinued rods can still be found online, if you HAVE to have the one you broke. Of course, it won't be covered by warranty, but you're going to be paying for another brand anyway, why not get the rod you want
WRB

Post by WRB »

When Shimano bought G.Loomis the company changed. I was always a Lamiglas custom rod user and they stopped making customs and selling rod blanks in 2012. Lamiglas suggested ALX customs rods because Alex had their rod blanks I wanted. Turned out to be a good recommendation, excellent rod builder at reasonable price points. ALX now has over the counter rods and his custom builds are outstanding with top customer service for what it's worth.
Tom
Kelly Ripa

Post by Kelly Ripa »

I did exactly that this morning Rico. All the way from New York :shock: . I will get rid of the new rod at my local tackle shop....
LET'S GO BRANDON
Remember ...What the Dormouse said...Feed your head!