What the water?

AnglersPursuit

What the water?

Post by AnglersPursuit »

Is this true?

"More than 50% of the state’s water is allowed to flow out the San Francisco Bay to the Pacific Ocean"
"Democrat lawmakers and federal environmental regulators have authorized more than 81 billion gallons of water to flow out to the ocean, instead of being used for human consumption"

https://californiaglobe.com/section-2/w ... erpetrate/

And more

California Releasing Water from Reservoirs, Claiming Drought Conditions
https://californiaglobe.com/section-2/c ... onditions/

I remember three little fantastic lakes down in San Jose/Morgan Hill/Gilroy area that are now nothing more than water tanks for the city to make a profit on. There were guys speaking up 10-12 years ago...... shame nobody listened.
gabuelhaj

Re: What the water?

Post by gabuelhaj »

If our elected leaders performed their job responsibly by limiting the amount of people inhabiting this great state thus lightening the demand for water, that should be 100% of the water flowing out to the Pacific Ocean as nature intended and not 50%!! Greedy B@5turds..... :)

Good luck!
Glenn Abuelhaj
BASNFAN

Post by BASNFAN »

It seems to me we need that outflow as it keeps the saltwater from intruding inland and also protects a lot of Delta farmland, our fisheries, and other wildlife.
Fish bite twice a day - half hour before I get there and half hour after I leave.
Larry Hemphill

Great memories!

Post by Larry Hemphill »

Great memories after reading these posts about the San Jose lakes.
That is where I learned to bass fish - mostly at Coyote and Chesbro. is Chesbro still there??
I took a summer school fishing class I was teaching to Chesbro - yes - on a yellow school bus!!
About forty 5th to 8th graders. Hope the lake survived!!! They even caught a few bass!! And bluegill.

I loved Chesbro - the bite was pretty good and it had some large bass. I always walked the bank. I lost a near 10
pounder on her second jump! My biggest was a bit over 7 lbs there, but lost bigger ones. Before I moved to Yuba City
in the late 70's, I got hooked on Coyote lake and found it to be a great lake in the spring and especially in the fall.
My best day was after Thanksgiving, catching a near 8 pounder and two around 7 pounds. Wow - San Jose area lakes were great.

Are there still some big bass in the San Jose/Gilroy area? Lexington was pretty good considering it was next to
a freeway!!! Always was disappointed that Anderson didn't have many big fish - if any! I did get a near 5 lber once.
birdman920

Post by birdman920 »

Coyote Lake was one of the best kept secrets of calif ! along with Bullards Bar ! Coyote was stocked with pure strain Florida bass ‘ back in the 90’s ! & fed a steady diet of stocker trout ! my best 5 out of there’ went 51#s 5oz ! A day I will never forget !
AnglersPursuit

Post by AnglersPursuit »

Those three lakes may have been the best 3 likes that close to each other in all of California. You could catch 50 bass at Anderson and then try for a lunker at Coyote with a 30 minute drive. Calero offered a bit of both and is in between them. We should have fought to protect those lakes with everything we had. Now it’s at least a 2.5hr drive from Santa Clara to get to a good fishing lake. I’m sure you can still bank beat these lakes but the fishing is nowhere what it used to be.

The second link is the reason.

Any aquarium owners who think lowering their tank levels dramatically and consistently through the year is a good idea for their fish? How about if you just had aquariums to sell the water inside them? Would that make you a water salesman or a fish keeper?

Look into how Lake Anderson was paid for. Who paid for it? Who owns it now? There’s a lot of lakes in SC County. Almost all are closed or are at freakish low water levels. Profits on water sales are good though.
Larry Hemphill

Loved reading these previous posts

Post by Larry Hemphill »

Bass fishing wasn't the big deal it is these days, back in the mid-seventies when I left San Jose.
Club tournaments were just beginning in those days

I knew Coyote was something special before it was "discovered' - whenever that was.
Had a lot of 5 MPH areas which made it less popular - not a big lake either as it was drawn
down every summer and fall. Even during the spawn in dry years. Anderson was the big attraction
for pleasure boaters obviously because it was the largest lake. Lexington was popular too.

Sure would like to see all those lakes and surrounding areas 45 years later!! Or maybe not!
mark poulson

Re: Loved reading these previous posts

Post by mark poulson »

Larry Hemphill wrote:Bass fishing wasn't the big deal it is these days, back in the mid-seventies when I left San Jose.
Club tournaments were just beginning in those days

I knew Coyote was something special before it was "discovered' - whenever that was.
Had a lot of 5 MPH areas which made it less popular - not a big lake either as it was drawn
down every summer and fall. Even during the spawn in dry years. Anderson was the big attraction
for pleasure boaters obviously because it was the largest lake. Lexington was popular too.

Sure would like to see all those lakes and surrounding areas 45 years later!! Or maybe not!
Aren't they supposed to drain Anderson so they can fix the dam?
Attitude plus effort equal success
CLEAN AND DRY
not4un

Post by not4un »

But, I thought almond farmers were taking all the water?
Jboutfishn

Post by Jboutfishn »

BASNFAN wrote:It seems to me we need that outflow as it keeps the saltwater from intruding inland and also protects a lot of Delta farmland, our fisheries, and other wildlife.
What he said.