Wild Windy Wed. Nighter or Bad Luck continues

Fast Eddie

Wild Windy Wed. Nighter or Bad Luck continues

Post by Fast Eddie »

So, after gassing up and arriving, I notice that I forgot to remove the cover boat buckles. Go through boat check, I launch and tie up at the end of the dock. There are boats floating everywhere (which is a good thing) Park my rig and as I'm walking back to the boat, someone has launched and is drifting back. The operator is fiddling with the trolling motor and has no idea of whats about to happen. He has the trolling motor going in reverse just as I'm arriving at the ramp and S M A C K right into my moored boat. Hard enough to cause my dock stick to come undone. Now I have a drifting boat. I make the leap of faith and just make it. (Lucky for me I left the motor running so it was a quick punch into reverse and out of the way. Think it'll rub out (I hope). Now hes drifting towards the ramp. No control whatso ever. Doesn't appear to have a clue.
OK, I need to relax, and breath deep the gathering gloom. Wind is up to 20. Yikes. Putt to first spot, No fish. Second spot No Fish, Finally a 2lber, then another 2 lbr. then a 4, then dink dink dink. Just not my night. Dump fish, and head to ramp. Wow! No problems getting out. Things must be getting better.
Stop at discovery bay for gas. $250 , truck and boat. Yikes. Off I go to Byron Road. Get into Byron and road is closed. Accident. Just my luck. Now going on 10:30. Guy tells me I'll have to go all the way down Vasco Road into Livermore, then double back over the freeway. Thats like 40 miles or more round trip. I remember seeing Tracy Boulevard back on highway 4. It's only 6 miles that way and another, 12 or so to Tracy, 5 or so through Tracy to the boat storage. It's 55 all the way, unless you get behind Mr. I can't go over 40 miles an hour in the dark because I'm drunk. Lucky me and the 12 cars behind me. So, finally get the boat put away and get home the next day (12;30 am)
Guess this week I was the bug.
TL
FE
mark poulson

Re: Wild Windy Wed. Nighter or Bad Luck continues

Post by mark poulson »

Ouch!
Glad you and your boat are both okay. Live to fight another day!
Attitude plus effort equal success
CLEAN AND DRY