25.49 To Win Clear Lake | NewJen Results June 26

Moderators: MKA, Caudawg, Mike M, ash

WB Staff
Posts: 8554
Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2012 10:56 am

25.49 To Win Clear Lake | NewJen Results June 26

Postby WB Staff » Fri Jun 26, 2020 2:02 pm

105982869_3182164265139089_5821645075485002360_n.jpg


Image

Congratulations to these anglers on the podiums and THANK YOU to everyone who came out! Here are your TOP 20 NewJen teams from a 51 boat field at Clearlake today.
________________________________________
1st Place – Donny Alexander & Cody Bashore 25.49 lbs $3,585
2nd Place – Khu Yang & Kong Chang 24.03 lbs 6.18 $1,690
3rd Place – Tom Jolin & Michael Nichelini 23.54 lbs 8.74 $2,250
4th Place – Garrett Dixon & Hank Dubose 22.89 lbs 5.86 $450
5th Place – Nick Gillotte & Barrett Klein 22.65 lbs 6.74 $580
6th Place – Wally Smith & Greg Lauck 22.63 lbs 5.65 $300
7th Place – Jody Jordan & JP Gano 21.78 lbs 5.84 $250
8th Place – Josh Kaneko & Maxwell Kaneko 20.96 lbs 5.74 $220
9th Place – Don Johnson & Charlie Fales Jr. 20.68 lbs 5.11 $210
10th Place – Jackson Bracisco & Jason Jones 20.48 (5.67)
11th Place – Stuart Minugh & Scott Green 20.43 (5.16)
12th Place – Tom Shimabukuro & Dan Sweat 19.84
13th Place – David Boettger & Jerod Adams 19.35
14th Place – Chris Gosselaar & Jered Brendel 19.04
15th Place – Paul Bailey & Seth Dandridge 18.67
16th Place – Nicholas Hough & Nathan Ghilotti 18.55
17th Place – John Pearl & Gary Collins 18.43
18th Place – Omar Juarez & Jackson Juarez 18.34
19th Place – Cameron Cole & Lyle Gossett 18.20
20th Place – Thomas Ostrand & Robert Snyder 18.06
________________________________________
49 paid entrants. 46 Paid Options. 80.5% Paid back to anglers. Full standings are available at NewJenBass.com/Standings.

john zillig
Posts: 42
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2005 4:00 pm

Re: 25.49 To Win Clear Lake

Postby john zillig » Sat Jun 27, 2020 9:21 am

Their web site shows 20 dead fish for the tournament. It shows the winners with all 5 dead fish. Never heard that before. Am I reading this right? I know its hot, but really?

User avatar
Mitch
Posts: 907
Joined: Mon May 09, 2005 5:33 am
Location: Fresno, Ca

Re: 25.49 To Win Clear Lake

Postby Mitch » Sat Jun 27, 2020 10:13 am

john zillig wrote:Their web site shows 20 dead fish for the tournament. It shows the winners with all 5 dead fish. Never heard that before. Am I reading this right? I know its hot, but really?



Yes !! What's the issue there ? Live wells not functioning ??????? Poor handling ??????? I'd like to know !! My son-in-law and I just spent 4 days on Clear Lake and not ONE dead fish !!!
2007 "Numb Nut"

Ranger Boats-Mercury Motors
Minnkota Ultrex -TRP Batterys
Gloomis - Shimano
Pepper Jigs-Robo Worms

birdman920
Posts: 310
Joined: Sat Nov 28, 2015 4:23 pm

Re: 25.49 To Win Clear Lake

Postby birdman920 » Sat Jun 27, 2020 12:42 pm

5 dead fish ‘ should be a “DQ” !.... that’s not a good way to run an organization “ Sad !...

User avatar
DanIsaac
Posts: 2125
Joined: Thu Jun 28, 2007 3:25 pm

Re: 25.49 To Win Clear Lake

Postby DanIsaac » Sat Jun 27, 2020 4:31 pm

You read that right! What a joke! Here we go again...NO RESPECT for the resource...NO supervision NO bump tanks and TOTALLY inexcusable. Lines of anglers holding fish in bags while waiting in line....IMHO RIDICULOUS and extremely POOR example......on everyone's part! Weigh in 5 dead fish and get rewarded with $3500? REALLY? Who checked for working livewells in AM? Answer...NOBODY! JOKE!

Dan
ReelEx, your source for quality, professional service on your Shimano, Lews, or Revo reels.

Guaranteed 96 hr turnaround on service.
650-454-4938 http://www.reel-ex.com

Newjenbass
Posts: 74
Joined: Wed Oct 25, 2017 3:47 pm

Re: 25.49 To Win Clear Lake

Postby Newjenbass » Sat Jun 27, 2020 5:21 pm

Losing fish during an event is always disheartening. Newjen is always full disclosure and posting the information so that anglers as a whole can see the impact that we have is important to our sport. The team that won lost their livewell midday and unfortunately they lost their fish. We have no rule in place that disqualifies anyone for that. If you read the rules of most orgs you will find that most do not either. It is the responsibility of each person to care for their fish and no fish were lost at the scales. We also understand in anglers defense that the COVID-19 protocol is different. We cannot have them Standing at tanks because we cannot have a gathering. They have to stay on their boats with their fish in live wells longer than what is Normal. We did our best to keep the fish in live wells and everyone on their boats as long as possible. Newjen bass has a great track record for caring for all bass and will continue to do our best in adhering to what is in the best interest of the health of our anglers and the fish that are exposed to our tournaments.

User avatar
DanIsaac
Posts: 2125
Joined: Thu Jun 28, 2007 3:25 pm

Re: 25.49 To Win Clear Lake

Postby DanIsaac » Sat Jun 27, 2020 7:13 pm

Transparency is not the issue. Most upper level orgs check that livewells are working prior to blast off., and I think most respondents points are "why" no penalty for 5 dead fish. Regardless of excuse or reason., that's the point and just because other orgs don't do it doesn't make it right. Penalties these days IMHO are way too lenient on dead fish. What happened to .50 on one
1lb on two ...2lbs on three 4lbs on four and DQd on 5?
Lost the livewell mid day.....on a 6 hr tournament? Yeah right. You want to insure better fish care? Impose more stringent penalties and enforcement, it is each orgs responsibility to go the extra with fish care, and it's not disheartening, its DISGUSTING. Dan
ReelEx, your source for quality, professional service on your Shimano, Lews, or Revo reels.

Guaranteed 96 hr turnaround on service.
650-454-4938 http://www.reel-ex.com

Newjenbass
Posts: 74
Joined: Wed Oct 25, 2017 3:47 pm

Re: 25.49 To Win Clear Lake

Postby Newjenbass » Sat Jun 27, 2020 8:20 pm

Thank you for your input. Hope you have a good remainder of your weekend.

User avatar
DanIsaac
Posts: 2125
Joined: Thu Jun 28, 2007 3:25 pm

Re: 25.49 To Win Clear Lake

Postby DanIsaac » Sat Jun 27, 2020 10:31 pm

You as well....its not personal.....
ReelEx, your source for quality, professional service on your Shimano, Lews, or Revo reels.

Guaranteed 96 hr turnaround on service.
650-454-4938 http://www.reel-ex.com

MichaelB
Posts: 297
Joined: Sun Aug 07, 2016 6:48 am
Location: Modesto, CA

Re: 25.49 To Win Clear Lake

Postby MichaelB » Sun Jun 28, 2020 6:20 am

NewJen Rules:
"All boats must have an aerated live well suitable to sustain a tournament limit in releasable condition"

CLEARLY obvious this did not occur.

scubaman
Posts: 160
Joined: Tue Mar 08, 2011 8:49 pm
Location: Los Gatos, CA

Re: 25.49 To Win Clear Lake

Postby scubaman » Sun Jun 28, 2020 8:08 am

If they new the live wells went bad. They could have done manual water changes to keep the fish alive. ....yes it would have take time out of their fish in time but needed to be done! I give a “Fail” to winners......should have been DQ!111

gixxer464
Posts: 224
Joined: Wed Apr 23, 2008 9:51 am

Re: 25.49 To Win Clear Lake

Postby gixxer464 » Sun Jun 28, 2020 8:50 am

MichaelB wrote:NewJen Rules:
"All boats must have an aerated live well suitable to sustain a tournament limit in releasable condition"

CLEARLY obvious this did not occur.


Agreed. Bringing in 5 dead fish for one team should be a DQ. Maybe these organizations should change their rules. That is inexcusable. I can understand one or two dead fish, but five. If the team in question knew that their livewells stopped working midday did they make any attempt to contact the TD to bring their fish in early to weigh in? Did they flag down another boat to possibly use their livewell, as in the case of a break down on the water. This is a major fail on the organization and the anglers.

birdman920
Posts: 310
Joined: Sat Nov 28, 2015 4:23 pm

Re: 25.49 To Win Clear Lake

Postby birdman920 » Sun Jun 28, 2020 12:04 pm

I agree !.... tournament orgs should rewrite the rules ‘ & dq any boat that has 5 dead fish ! if anything’ it should force the boat owner to keep his livewells in better working condition!....

Mark 1
Posts: 49
Joined: Thu Jan 18, 2007 5:24 pm

Re: 25.49 To Win Clear Lake | NewJen Results June 26

Postby Mark 1 » Mon Jun 29, 2020 6:38 am

I've been saying this in discussions for a long time now. It should be a rule that during the 6 hour summer time rule, all participants should have a functioning oxygenator, Yes, not all boats come equipped, but I'm sorry that's no excuse for not having one. I see tournament guys constantly spending hundreds of dollars on tackle , rods and reels. So don't tell me you can't afford a $100-$150 portable unit. It's not the water temperature so much as the lack of oxygen in the livewell water that ultimately kills the fish. During livewell check confirmation of an oxygenator could be done as well.

Dave Brabec
Posts: 69
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2018 10:58 am

Re: 25.49 To Win Clear Lake | NewJen Results June 26

Postby Dave Brabec » Mon Jun 29, 2020 8:25 am

Dont need an oxygenator if live wells are working correctly. Ive fished New Jenn in Past and they run a good circuit. They have had drive by live well checks in past . We used to have to drive by with lids open and live wells running or you went to back of line until they were working.I think in summer we should go back to that kind of a check and maybe a bigger penalty for dead fish and guys will make sure their pumps are working.

MichaelB
Posts: 297
Joined: Sun Aug 07, 2016 6:48 am
Location: Modesto, CA

Re: 25.49 To Win Clear Lake | NewJen Results June 26

Postby MichaelB » Mon Jun 29, 2020 12:30 pm

Dave Brabec wrote:Dont need an oxygenator if live wells are working correctly. Ive fished New Jenn in Past and they run a good circuit. They have had drive by live well checks in past . We used to have to drive by with lids open and live wells running or you went to back of line until they were working.I think in summer we should go back to that kind of a check and maybe a bigger penalty for dead fish and guys will make sure their pumps are working.


That is a good idea ..... but when you are checking-in, there is no water in your livewell.
Does this "drive-by" livewell check occur after you have launched ?

Newjenbass
Posts: 74
Joined: Wed Oct 25, 2017 3:47 pm

Re: 25.49 To Win Clear Lake | NewJen Results June 26

Postby Newjenbass » Mon Jun 29, 2020 1:13 pm

NewJen bass really appreciates constructive suggestions. We are working hard to improve this situation with rewritten rules and a proactive approach. There are some great ideas on this thread and they will be taken into consideration. We had never been faced with a team bringing 5 dead fish to the scales before. It was not something we ever want to see again. We love what we do, we love the people that support us and we love fishing. We will make changes. Good will come from this. Stay tuned. Newt

User avatar
DanIsaac
Posts: 2125
Joined: Thu Jun 28, 2007 3:25 pm

Re: 25.49 To Win Clear Lake | NewJen Results June 26

Postby DanIsaac » Mon Jun 29, 2020 1:37 pm

There ya go, that's all anyone can ask for......thank you. Dan
ReelEx, your source for quality, professional service on your Shimano, Lews, or Revo reels.

Guaranteed 96 hr turnaround on service.
650-454-4938 http://www.reel-ex.com

BigBassDaddy1190
Posts: 209
Joined: Sun Oct 08, 2017 9:41 am

Re: 25.49 To Win Clear Lake | NewJen Results June 26

Postby BigBassDaddy1190 » Tue Jun 30, 2020 4:57 am

MichaelB wrote:
Dave Brabec wrote:Dont need an oxygenator if live wells are working correctly. Ive fished New Jenn in Past and they run a good circuit. They have had drive by live well checks in past . We used to have to drive by with lids open and live wells running or you went to back of line until they were working.I think in summer we should go back to that kind of a check and maybe a bigger penalty for dead fish and guys will make sure their pumps are working.


That is a good idea ..... but when you are checking-in, there is no water in your livewell.
Does this "drive-by" livewell check occur after you have launched ?


Yeah they have you do it while idling our before blast off.

HydrillaGorilla
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:55 am

Re: 25.49 To Win Clear Lake | NewJen Results June 26

Postby HydrillaGorilla » Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:35 am

Wow! Amazing that no one had to protest or riot to get you guys to make a change!....BASS LIVES MATTER!!!!!! Lol!

Mark 1
Posts: 49
Joined: Thu Jan 18, 2007 5:24 pm

Re: 25.49 To Win Clear Lake | NewJen Results June 26

Postby Mark 1 » Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:56 am

Dave, when your livewells are operating properly that's all fine. But how is recirculating 90+ degree water for the day compare to pumping in oxygen? Some fishermen don't seem to understand that it isn't the water temp alone that is the cause. It's because there is no oxygen in the high temp water. Fish trying to jump out of an oxygenated livewell filled with hot water tells the story. It is still the better system to use.

MichaelB
Posts: 297
Joined: Sun Aug 07, 2016 6:48 am
Location: Modesto, CA

Re: 25.49 To Win Clear Lake | NewJen Results June 26

Postby MichaelB » Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:29 am

Mark 1 wrote:Dave, when your livewells are operating properly that's all fine. But how is recirculating 90+ degree water for the day compare to pumping in oxygen? Some fishermen don't seem to understand that it isn't the water temp alone that is the cause. It's because there is no oxygen in the high temp water. Fish trying to jump out of an oxygenated livewell filled with hot water tells the story. It is still the better system to use.


If the "winners" had cared about bringing the fish in alive, they could have used their "weigh bag" to dump fresh water into their livewell ..... would have taken some time and effort to manually add the water, whether their pumps were functioning or not.

Csuhchris
Posts: 11
Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2018 11:52 am

Re: 25.49 To Win Clear Lake | NewJen Results June 26

Postby Csuhchris » Tue Jun 30, 2020 3:23 pm

Pull the organizers ability to submit future permits due to lousy tournament infrastructure and polices and they’ll definitely start properly managing the fishery. 50 boats with 20 dead fish at weigh in. Wouldn’t surprise me if another 50 were found floating in the AM! NewJen maybe time for a different venture? pathetic!

kmah
Posts: 401
Joined: Thu Mar 12, 2009 2:01 pm

Re: 25.49 To Win Clear Lake | NewJen Results June 26

Postby kmah » Wed Jul 01, 2020 6:37 am

Really you all are blaming the organization for:
1) anglers catching fish during the day
2) anglers retain the fish during day
3) the anglers care for the fish during the day
4) The anglers have them for 6-7 hours.
5) the anglers livewell going out
6) the anglers decisions to not weight in early
7) the rules

245 fish weighed 20 deceased=.08% rate. One team accounted for .02% which bring it down to .06%. I’m not saying any level is acceptable just putting facts out.

The organization has the fish for all of about 5-8 minutes. If they show up dead that’s not the organizations fault.

Fish care is everyone responsibility but to blame the organization. That’s like blaming the school when someone shows up and does bad things.

Maybe more strict rules could help some, you do know there’s strict rules, laws, and penalties for committing murder in CA correct. You know that murder still occurs everyday in our world. It’s the individuals decisions to do something. People want to blame the gun and not the shooter. Ultimately we the anglers have the biggest responsibility to care for fish.

I carry extra pump to back up my main pumps, add additives, and RUN my livewells on highest setting, and constantly check on them. The organization has nothing to do with these actions.

Ken Mah

Codyb
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2020 1:51 pm

Re: 25.49 To Win Clear Lake | NewJen Results June 26

Postby Codyb » Wed Jul 01, 2020 2:26 pm

I love how you all have these great theories about what happened to and in my boat on Friday. Most of you know me personally if you want to know what happened contact me and I’ll tell you. My fish were alive and healthy at 1205. I still came in ten minutes early. I’m little ashamed of what happened but I didn’t break any rules.

User avatar
DanIsaac
Posts: 2125
Joined: Thu Jun 28, 2007 3:25 pm

Re: 25.49 To Win Clear Lake | NewJen Results June 26

Postby DanIsaac » Wed Jul 01, 2020 3:46 pm

kmah wrote:Really you all are blaming the organization for:
1) anglers catching fish during the day
2) anglers retain the fish during day
3) the anglers care for the fish during the day
4) The anglers have them for 6-7 hours.
5) the anglers livewell going out
6) the anglers decisions to not weight in early
7) the rules

245 fish weighed 20 deceased=.08% rate. One team accounted for .02% which bring it down to .06%. I’m not saying any level is acceptable just putting facts out.

The organization has the fish for all of about 5-8 minutes. If they show up dead that’s not the organizations fault.

Fish care is everyone responsibility but to blame the organization. That’s like blaming the school when someone shows up and does bad things.

Maybe more strict rules could help some, you do know there’s strict rules, laws, and penalties for committing murder in CA correct. You know that murder still occurs everyday in our world. It’s the individuals decisions to do something. People want to blame the gun and not the shooter. Ultimately we the anglers have the biggest responsibility to care for fish.

I carry extra pump to back up my main pumps, add additives, and RUN my livewells on highest setting, and constantly check on them. The organization has nothing to do with these actions.

Ken Mah



So, all good points Ken, however, when you go out the day after a summer tournament and find not 20 but 40-50 fish floating who should be addressed?
MY point was and is 5 dead fish should not be rewarded with a win. I don't care the reason or excuse. ALL Orgs need to incentivize ALL anglers to do the right thing, as
not everyone takes the same pre-cautions as you do, unfortunately, especially in team deals.
Fish care on the this lake is critical in the summer, most know that, but we continually have these issues.
Despite being told otherwise I personally witnessed a half dozen boats release their fish within the "5" bouys, and I only got to see the last half of the weighin.
So, I'm not blaming any one ORG but I am saying there is a PROBLEM.....and any and ALL ORGs should do whatever they can to incentivize proper fish care through tougher dead fish penalties and there should always be enforcement of proper release practices.
Start there....

Again, IMHO.

Dan Isaac
ReelEx, your source for quality, professional service on your Shimano, Lews, or Revo reels.

Guaranteed 96 hr turnaround on service.
650-454-4938 http://www.reel-ex.com

kmah
Posts: 401
Joined: Thu Mar 12, 2009 2:01 pm

Re: 25.49 To Win Clear Lake | NewJen Results June 26

Postby kmah » Wed Jul 01, 2020 4:12 pm

Can’t disagree with you Dan on those points ☝️☝️☝️☝️☝️

User avatar
Mike
Posts: 3840
Joined: Sat May 07, 2005 2:01 pm

Re: 25.49 To Win Clear Lake

Postby Mike » Thu Jul 02, 2020 6:22 am

DanIsaac wrote:You read that right! What a joke! Here we go again...NO RESPECT for the resource...NO supervision NO bump tanks and TOTALLY inexcusable. Lines of anglers holding fish in bags while waiting in line....IMHO RIDICULOUS and extremely POOR example......on everyone's part! Weigh in 5 dead fish and get rewarded with $3500? REALLY? Who checked for working livewells in AM? Answer...NOBODY! JOKE!

Dan



Wow.... A little harsh don't you think Dan?

As NJ explained.... They can't have "bump tanks" per the COVID regulations. At the Delta tournament (the next day) we were instructed to wait in our boats and Not bag our fish until Newt was ready at the scale. We bagged them, weighed them, and were back in our boat in 3-5 minutes. I didn't see ONE Dead fish. Livewells WERE checked at blast off. As our numbers were called we drove past the blast off boat for a visual inspection. Same as the bigger Pro-Am's that come to town. So exactly how could have NJ made you happy?? To blame the Org is totally ridiculous! They are doing everything in their power (and then some) to keep us fishing tournaments during these very tough times and the Majority of us appreciate it! When you get on a public forum and blast them, its bad for the sport. Your anger is misplaced.. Maybe you should be blasting the anglers?? J/s

You didn't even fish the tournament.. Did you just show up to complain?
Telling the Truth and pissing people off since 1993

birdman920
Posts: 310
Joined: Sat Nov 28, 2015 4:23 pm

Re: 25.49 To Win Clear Lake | NewJen Results June 26

Postby birdman920 » Thu Jul 02, 2020 6:39 am

NO BUMP TANKS !!!!!!!!!..... DFW shouldn’t even issue a permit !...

birdman920
Posts: 310
Joined: Sat Nov 28, 2015 4:23 pm

Re: 25.49 To Win Clear Lake | NewJen Results June 26

Postby birdman920 » Thu Jul 02, 2020 6:43 am

wonder how the WON Bass is gonna pull off a 200 boat ,3 day event “ with no bump tanks ?....

User avatar
Mike
Posts: 3840
Joined: Sat May 07, 2005 2:01 pm

Re: 25.49 To Win Clear Lake | NewJen Results June 26

Postby Mike » Thu Jul 02, 2020 6:50 am

birdman920 wrote:wonder how the WON Bass is gonna pull off a 200 boat ,3 day event “ with no bump tanks ?....



Who are you??? Looking at your history all you do is complain and sell props. Get a life
Telling the Truth and pissing people off since 1993

birdman920
Posts: 310
Joined: Sat Nov 28, 2015 4:23 pm

Re: 25.49 To Win Clear Lake | NewJen Results June 26

Postby birdman920 » Thu Jul 02, 2020 7:15 am

Just a person concerned with maintaining the best bass fishery in the nation !... is that a bad thing ?...

User avatar
DanIsaac
Posts: 2125
Joined: Thu Jun 28, 2007 3:25 pm

Re: 25.49 To Win Clear Lake

Postby DanIsaac » Thu Jul 02, 2020 7:30 am

Mike wrote:
DanIsaac wrote:You read that right! What a joke! Here we go again...NO RESPECT for the resource...NO supervision NO bump tanks and TOTALLY inexcusable. Lines of anglers holding fish in bags while waiting in line....IMHO RIDICULOUS and extremely POOR example......on everyone's part! Weigh in 5 dead fish and get rewarded with $3500? REALLY? Who checked for working livewells in AM? Answer...NOBODY! JOKE!

Dan



Wow.... A little harsh don't you think Dan?

As NJ explained.... They can't have "bump tanks" per the COVID regulations. At the Delta tournament (the next day) we were instructed to wait in our boats and Not bag our fish until Newt was ready at the scale. We bagged them, weighed them, and were back in our boat in 3-5 minutes. I didn't see ONE Dead fish. Livewells WERE checked at blast off. As our numbers were called we drove past the blast off boat for a visual inspection. Same as the bigger Pro-Am's that come to town. So exactly how could have NJ made you happy?? To blame the Org is totally ridiculous! They are doing everything in their power (and then some) to keep us fishing tournaments during these very tough times and the Majority of us appreciate it! When you get on a public forum and blast them, its bad for the sport. Your anger is misplaced.. Maybe you should be blasting the anglers?? J/s

You didn't even fish the tournament.. Did you just show up to complain?


NO I DO NOT.....
ReelEx, your source for quality, professional service on your Shimano, Lews, or Revo reels.

Guaranteed 96 hr turnaround on service.
650-454-4938 http://www.reel-ex.com

Bayarea-bassin
Posts: 66
Joined: Thu Oct 23, 2014 1:55 pm

Re: 25.49 To Win Clear Lake | NewJen Results June 26

Postby Bayarea-bassin » Thu Jul 02, 2020 8:42 am

4D2807B5-6B00-44D6-952F-A116711EC79D.png


I understand how fisherman can be upset by seeing dead fish floating after a tourney whether it be during the summer or because fish were improperly fizzed and can’t swim back down, but we need to take the steps to learn from these mistakes and move forward. Bashing orgs or putting the blame on them isn’t the way to go about it imo. I totally agree a team shouldn’t win if they have a limit of dead fish, but I’m positive all fisherman that fish tournaments want to release 5 fish alive and would never intentionally cause harm to their fish or the fisheries. $hit happens that is out of our control or we overlook sometimes in the heat of the moment when we’re catching fish or making a long run. I personally carry two cheap bass pro shop aerators just in case my livewells go out ever since it happened to me before during a tournament. I still had 4 hours to fish but decided to release the fish since I noticed my livewell stopped working and didn’t have a bucket or anything to keep putting fresh water in the wells. I’m sure the winning team wasn’t entering a tournament knowing their livewell wasn’t working and most likely didn’t realize it went out until it was too late already. Everyday life is a learning lesson and the more we learn from our mistakes the better we will be off in general. Make it a habit to check on your fish, add additives, check on guthooked fish often or release them right away, carry cheap battery powered aerators for emergency, a small bucket and most important carry a good attitude because we are the face of the sport. Keep up the good work newjen and let’s keep doing the thing we love. FISHING!!!!! Tight lines boys!!!!!

User avatar
DanIsaac
Posts: 2125
Joined: Thu Jun 28, 2007 3:25 pm

Re: 25.49 To Win Clear Lake | NewJen Results June 26

Postby DanIsaac » Thu Jul 02, 2020 6:21 pm

Bayarea-bassin wrote:4D2807B5-6B00-44D6-952F-A116711EC79D.png

I understand how fisherman can be upset by seeing dead fish floating after a tourney whether it be during the summer or because fish were improperly fizzed and can’t swim back down, but we need to take the steps to learn from these mistakes and move forward. Bashing orgs or putting the blame on them isn’t the way to go about it imo. I totally agree a team shouldn’t win if they have a limit of dead fish, but I’m positive all fisherman that fish tournaments want to release 5 fish alive and would never intentionally cause harm to their fish or the fisheries. $hit happens that is out of our control or we overlook sometimes in the heat of the moment when we’re catching fish or making a long run. I personally carry two cheap bass pro shop aerators just in case my livewells go out ever since it happened to me before during a tournament. I still had 4 hours to fish but decided to release the fish since I noticed my livewell stopped working and didn’t have a bucket or anything to keep putting fresh water in the wells. I’m sure the winning team wasn’t entering a tournament knowing their livewell wasn’t working and most likely didn’t realize it went out until it was too late already. Everyday life is a learning lesson and the more we learn from our mistakes the better we will be off in general. Make it a habit to check on your fish, add additives, check on guthooked fish often or release them right away, carry cheap battery powered aerators for emergency, a small bucket and most important carry a good attitude because we are the face of the sport. Keep up the good work newjen and let’s keep doing the thing we love. FISHING!!!!! Tight lines boys!!!!!



Ah No. NO MORE EXCUSES...I'd post pics that would turn your stomach if it were not a concern that the wrong side would turn it against fishing tournaments which is why the concern in the first place....personally I'm done picking up dead fish....let a tree hugger find em photograph and open a can......then we'll all pay....I'm done and will respond no further, can't say there wasn't a warning....do as you may.....Dan
ReelEx, your source for quality, professional service on your Shimano, Lews, or Revo reels.

Guaranteed 96 hr turnaround on service.
650-454-4938 http://www.reel-ex.com

Champion206guy
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed Apr 29, 2020 6:02 pm

Re: 25.49 To Win Clear Lake | NewJen Results June 26

Postby Champion206guy » Sun Jul 05, 2020 12:38 pm

I’m curious what circuit checks to see if the live wells work before the event?? I’ve fished many and have never seen that happen

gixxer464
Posts: 224
Joined: Wed Apr 23, 2008 9:51 am

Re: 25.49 To Win Clear Lake | NewJen Results June 26

Postby gixxer464 » Sun Jul 05, 2020 5:58 pm

Champion206guy wrote:I’m curious what circuit checks to see if the live wells work before the event?? I’ve fished many and have never seen that happen


I have never fished a NewJen event since I am down in Socal. I have fished a lot of different circuits over the last 20 years team events, clubs, opens, pro-am, etc. and while all of them did check live wells, I cannot recall them ever checking to see if the live wells were functioning. They were primarily checking to make sure they were empty.

Rob
Posts: 121
Joined: Sun May 08, 2005 12:57 pm

Re: 25.49 To Win Clear Lake | NewJen Results June 26

Postby Rob » Sun Jul 05, 2020 6:54 pm

I’ve fished team events for many years and pro/ams as an AM and never recall being made to prove working livewells pumps. So many putting the onus on New Jen but it’s the anglers who were responsible, they knew either before the event, but certainly during the event that their pumps went bad or system wasn’t working. They chose to not take care of their fish, I believe, because in a six hour event there were ways to keep the fish or at least give them a chance. We don’t know that they did or didn’t know their pumps were working, but they certainly didn’t seem to go to any extra lengths to keep their fish healthy. Could have opened the valve, put valve on empty and put the boat in reverse to get fresh water in there as well as bucket/bag new water in there. Also, most newer rigs have 2 pumps not just one so less likely of dual pump failure. This was an angler issue and they should have been DQ’d


Return to “Tournaments”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests