Win a trip to Fish with KVD and more

WB Staff

Win a trip to Fish with KVD and more

Post by WB Staff »

Win a trip to Fish with KVD.jpg
2018 inductee will host lucky winner for Michigan smallmouths

SPRINGFIELD, Mo. – For Immediate Release – 9.25.19 – Noted pro bass angler Kevin VanDam, inducted into the Bass Fishing Hall of Fame as a first-ballot nominee in 2018, is supporting the 2019 induction banquet auction with a day of smallmouth fishing on world-class Michigan waters, along with a signed jersey from his 2019 tournament season and a gift basket full of signed KVD products. A fishing trip that will be considered ‘priceless’ by most bass anglers, this adds to the already-substantial ledger of auction items the Hall has procured, with the funds raised to support both its mission and the induction dinner events in early October.

“The Hall of Fame is off to a great start in the Wonders of Wildlife museum, but we need to work diligently to keep the momentum going” the four-time Bassmaster Classic winner said. “I want to do my part to ensure that the progress continues. I had been to many Hall of Fame banquets over the years, and I’d seen what it meant to the inductees, but until I was inducted last year, I didn’t fully understand the magnitude of the honor. It’s arguably the highest achievement in the sport.”

The 2019 induction ceremonies are scheduled for October 3, 2019, at Johnny Morris’ Wonders of Wildlife Museum and Aquarium in Springfield, and while seats are going fast, there still remain opportunities for industry stalwarts and fans alike to attend the banquet. A limited number of tickets to this event are still available – at a cost of $100 each, $200 for the banquet and a VIP reception, or $1,000 for a complete table. In addition to rubbing elbows with the heroes of the sport, the night will feature entertainment and the chance to contribute to the Hall’s mission of celebrating, promoting and preserving the sport of bass fishing.

The evening’s many highlights will include both live and silent auctions, featuring many one-of-a-kind experiences and items. Tickets and a full list of auction items can be found at https://www.bassfishinghof.com/banquet- ... eremonies/

“If we don’t work to preserve our history now, the next generations may not fully appreciate the contributions and impacts of the people who came before them,” VanDam added.

Hall of Fame President Donald Howell was thrilled that VanDam’s fishing trip donation, which no doubt will command spirited bidding, was added to the list: “Who wouldn’t want to spend a day with KVD on one of the world’s best smallmouth waters?” he asked. “We are fortunate that there are still so many living legends around and willing to contribute. It’s one of many chances to experience history firsthand.”

B.A.S.S., Lowrance, Major League Fishing, Phoenix Boats, PRADCO, Shimano and Wired2Fish have pledged their support to the banquet, but additional spots remain.

Information on event and table sponsorships, dinner seats and tickets for a special VIP unveiling reception, along with details about the Hall and its mission are available at www.BassFishingHOF.com, or by contacting BFHOF executive director Barbara Bowman at bbowman@bassfishinghof.com– or 501.541.6660.