Navionics card annual fee?

Moderators: MKA, Mike M, Caudawg, ash, Ken Sauret

fidzj
Posts: 25
Joined: Sun Apr 11, 2010 4:09 pm
Location: fresno

Navionics card annual fee?

Postby fidzj » Mon Jul 20, 2020 6:49 pm

While playing around with my elite 9 ti2 the other day I had a pop up notification that said my Navionics card was no longer supported and I would have to pay 99$ to update it. I wasn’t aware when I bought this unit that I was only renting the chip. Since then I’ve lost a lot of function from my mapping. Including marking trails on my gps. Has anyone else had this happen to them? Oh and btw, the mapping on an IPad with Navionics boating app is far superior to anything I’ve seen on my Lowrance to date

User avatar
ttb31183
Posts: 578
Joined: Sat May 07, 2005 8:43 pm
Location: Spokane, WA

Re: Navionics card annual fee?

Postby ttb31183 » Wed Jul 22, 2020 1:25 pm

The annual subsciption is to access the advanced features like PlotterSync to share your waypoints between your Lowrance and the app and also for features like SonarChart Live. The map detail doesn't change whether the card is updated or not. Cards come with a year free of the advanced features when you get them. Let me know if you have any other questions.
Tyler Brinks
Navionics Sponsored

drew
Posts: 1075
Joined: Thu Apr 12, 2007 1:30 pm

Re: Navionics card annual fee?

Postby drew » Thu Jul 23, 2020 1:58 pm

The graph sharing is definitely an issue. Its either buy a card for each graph or renew every year.

ttb31183 wrote:The annual subsciption is to access the advanced features like PlotterSync to share your waypoints between your Lowrance and the app and also for features like SonarChart Live. The map detail doesn't change whether the card is updated or not. Cards come with a year free of the advanced features when you get them. Let me know if you have any other questions.

User avatar
ttb31183
Posts: 578
Joined: Sat May 07, 2005 8:43 pm
Location: Spokane, WA

Re: Navionics card annual fee?

Postby ttb31183 » Fri Jul 24, 2020 9:04 am

drew wrote:The graph sharing is definitely an issue. Its either buy a card for each graph or renew every year.

ttb31183 wrote:The annual subsciption is to access the advanced features like PlotterSync to share your waypoints between your Lowrance and the app and also for features like SonarChart Live. The map detail doesn't change whether the card is updated or not. Cards come with a year free of the advanced features when you get them. Let me know if you have any other questions.


Sorry, not what I meant by that. I meant sharing between the Navionics app and a Lowrance unit. You can mark spots on your app and then share them to a Lowrance unit via PlotterSync. The sharing between two Lowrance units is done through them being networked together so you only need one card.
Tyler Brinks
Navionics Sponsored

fidzj
Posts: 25
Joined: Sun Apr 11, 2010 4:09 pm
Location: fresno

Re: Navionics card annual fee?

Postby fidzj » Fri Jul 24, 2020 6:58 pm

If I upgrade my card, can I get the same functions as I get from the app?or would I only be able to share waypoints?

User avatar
ttb31183
Posts: 578
Joined: Sat May 07, 2005 8:43 pm
Location: Spokane, WA

Re: Navionics card annual fee?

Postby ttb31183 » Fri Jul 24, 2020 7:29 pm

fidzj wrote:If I upgrade my card, can I get the same functions as I get from the app?or would I only be able to share waypoints?


Most of the features are the same. Which one are you looking for? One that is not the same is the colored depth shading. That is only available on the app.
Tyler Brinks
Navionics Sponsored

fidzj
Posts: 25
Joined: Sun Apr 11, 2010 4:09 pm
Location: fresno

Re: Navionics card annual fee?

Postby fidzj » Sat Jul 25, 2020 6:16 am

ttb31183 wrote:
fidzj wrote:If I upgrade my card, can I get the same functions as I get from the app?or would I only be able to share waypoints?


Most of the features are the same. Which one are you looking for? One that is not the same is the colored depth shading. That is only available on the app.
.
Yes it’s the custom shading that I’m most impressed with, along with sattelite overlay. I’m wondering if updating the card is really worth it as opposed to using the iPad hooked to the Lowrance WiFi as a stand alone gps

User avatar
ttb31183
Posts: 578
Joined: Sat May 07, 2005 8:43 pm
Location: Spokane, WA

Re: Navionics card annual fee?

Postby ttb31183 » Sun Jul 26, 2020 6:53 pm

fidzj wrote:
ttb31183 wrote:
fidzj wrote:If I upgrade my card, can I get the same functions as I get from the app?or would I only be able to share waypoints?


Most of the features are the same. Which one are you looking for? One that is not the same is the colored depth shading. That is only available on the app.
.
Yes it’s the custom shading that I’m most impressed with, along with sattelite overlay. I’m wondering if updating the card is really worth it as opposed to using the iPad hooked to the Lowrance WiFi as a stand alone gps


Depends on where you fish but for me, I think it's worth it to update your card just for the new features of Relief Shading and Sonar Chart Shading as well as standard sat overlay.

Image

Image
Tyler Brinks
Navionics Sponsored

drew
Posts: 1075
Joined: Thu Apr 12, 2007 1:30 pm

Re: Navionics card annual fee?

Postby drew » Mon Jul 27, 2020 7:22 am

When the card is out of subscription there is no sharing between graphs. Its either buy another card or update annually.


ttb31183 wrote:
drew wrote:The graph sharing is definitely an issue. Its either buy a card for each graph or renew every year.

ttb31183 wrote:The annual subsciption is to access the advanced features like PlotterSync to share your waypoints between your Lowrance and the app and also for features like SonarChart Live. The map detail doesn't change whether the card is updated or not. Cards come with a year free of the advanced features when you get them. Let me know if you have any other questions.


Sorry, not what I meant by that. I meant sharing between the Navionics app and a Lowrance unit. You can mark spots on your app and then share them to a Lowrance unit via PlotterSync. The sharing between two Lowrance units is done through them being networked together so you only need one card.

fidzj
Posts: 25
Joined: Sun Apr 11, 2010 4:09 pm
Location: fresno

Re: Navionics card annual fee?

Postby fidzj » Mon Jul 27, 2020 3:45 pm

This is the app with shading
92167D34-6506-43FA-B909-F95D47929BEF.png

fidzj
Posts: 25
Joined: Sun Apr 11, 2010 4:09 pm
Location: fresno

Re: Navionics card annual fee?

Postby fidzj » Mon Jul 27, 2020 3:48 pm

I haven’t tested this real time yet, I’ll update after I get some run time on it.

User avatar
Edd
Posts: 301
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 1:08 pm

Re: Navionics card annual fee?

Postby Edd » Mon Jul 27, 2020 3:53 pm

I opted for Navionics+ simply because here out West we don't seem to get much love from C-Map. Plus the website is hard to navigate.


Return to “Lowrance Product Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests