Navionics card annual fee?

Moderator: Ken Sauret

fidzj

Navionics card annual fee?

Post by fidzj »

While playing around with my elite 9 ti2 the other day I had a pop up notification that said my Navionics card was no longer supported and I would have to pay 99$ to update it. I wasn’t aware when I bought this unit that I was only renting the chip. Since then I’ve lost a lot of function from my mapping. Including marking trails on my gps. Has anyone else had this happen to them? Oh and btw, the mapping on an IPad with Navionics boating app is far superior to anything I’ve seen on my Lowrance to date
ttb31183

Re: Navionics card annual fee?

Post by ttb31183 »

The annual subsciption is to access the advanced features like PlotterSync to share your waypoints between your Lowrance and the app and also for features like SonarChart Live. The map detail doesn't change whether the card is updated or not. Cards come with a year free of the advanced features when you get them. Let me know if you have any other questions.
Tyler Brinks
drew

Post by drew »

The graph sharing is definitely an issue. Its either buy a card for each graph or renew every year.
ttb31183 wrote:The annual subsciption is to access the advanced features like PlotterSync to share your waypoints between your Lowrance and the app and also for features like SonarChart Live. The map detail doesn't change whether the card is updated or not. Cards come with a year free of the advanced features when you get them. Let me know if you have any other questions.
ttb31183

Post by ttb31183 »

drew wrote:The graph sharing is definitely an issue. Its either buy a card for each graph or renew every year.
ttb31183 wrote:The annual subsciption is to access the advanced features like PlotterSync to share your waypoints between your Lowrance and the app and also for features like SonarChart Live. The map detail doesn't change whether the card is updated or not. Cards come with a year free of the advanced features when you get them. Let me know if you have any other questions.
Sorry, not what I meant by that. I meant sharing between the Navionics app and a Lowrance unit. You can mark spots on your app and then share them to a Lowrance unit via PlotterSync. The sharing between two Lowrance units is done through them being networked together so you only need one card.
Tyler Brinks
fidzj

Post by fidzj »

If I upgrade my card, can I get the same functions as I get from the app?or would I only be able to share waypoints?
ttb31183

Post by ttb31183 »

fidzj wrote:If I upgrade my card, can I get the same functions as I get from the app?or would I only be able to share waypoints?
Most of the features are the same. Which one are you looking for? One that is not the same is the colored depth shading. That is only available on the app.
Tyler Brinks
fidzj

Post by fidzj »

ttb31183 wrote:
fidzj wrote:If I upgrade my card, can I get the same functions as I get from the app?or would I only be able to share waypoints?
Most of the features are the same. Which one are you looking for? One that is not the same is the colored depth shading. That is only available on the app.
Yes it’s the custom shading that I’m most impressed with, along with sattelite overlay. I’m wondering if updating the card is really worth it as opposed to using the iPad hooked to the Lowrance WiFi as a stand alone gps
ttb31183

Post by ttb31183 »

fidzj wrote:
ttb31183 wrote:
Yes it’s the custom shading that I’m most impressed with, along with sattelite overlay. I’m wondering if updating the card is really worth it as opposed to using the iPad hooked to the Lowrance WiFi as a stand alone gps
Depends on where you fish but for me, I think it's worth it to update your card just for the new features of Relief Shading and Sonar Chart Shading as well as standard sat overlay.

Tyler Brinks
drew

Post by drew »

When the card is out of subscription there is no sharing between graphs. Its either buy another card or update annually.

ttb31183 wrote:
drew wrote:The graph sharing is definitely an issue. Its either buy a card for each graph or renew every year.
Sorry, not what I meant by that. I meant sharing between the Navionics app and a Lowrance unit. You can mark spots on your app and then share them to a Lowrance unit via PlotterSync. The sharing between two Lowrance units is done through them being networked together so you only need one card.
fidzj

Post by fidzj »

This is the app with shading
92167D34-6506-43FA-B909-F95D47929BEF.png
fidzj

Post by fidzj »

I haven’t tested this real time yet, I’ll update after I get some run time on it.
Edd

Post by Edd »

I opted for Navionics+ simply because here out West we don't seem to get much love from C-Map. Plus the website is hard to navigate.