Daiwa Lexa HD?

DayzDynastyfishing

Daiwa Lexa HD?

Post by DayzDynastyfishing »

Any of you guys use the Lexa HD for swimbaits? Interested in getting one.
Steve L

Re: Daiwa Lexa HD?

Post by Steve L »

Don't bother. I have two that I sent to Daiwa for some answers. The problem; the reel will sometimes engage in mid-cast. Of course, when this happens, it's easy to break off expensive swimbaits. Daiwa neither fixed the problem or gave any answer to remedy the problem. They were aware of the issues and told me, it is something that just happens. They returned the reels back to me. I took them to the water and promptly snapped off a Triple Trout. They're in my garage and you can have them. On a positive note, the Tatula reels are pretty good.
DayzDynastyfishing

Steve L wrote:Don't bother. I have two that I sent to Daiwa for some answers. The problem; the reel will sometimes engage in mid-cast. Of course, when this happens, it's easy to break off expensive swimbaits. Daiwa neither fixed the problem or gave any answer to remedy the problem. They were aware of the issues and told me, it is something that just happens. They returned the reels back to me. I took them to the water and promptly snapped off a Triple Trout. They're in my garage and you can have them. On a positive note, the Tatula reels are pretty good.
Thanks for the response.. What model tatula do you use? Still looking for a good reel for glidebaits
chubasco2

Post by chubasco2 »

I'll take those 400's Steve. Dead serious, pm me some info if you want to get rid of them
DayzDynastyfishing

chubasco2 wrote:I'll take those 400's Steve. Dead serious, pm me some info if you want to get rid of them
Ha
bassindon69

Post by bassindon69 »

DayzDynastyfishing wrote:Any of you guys use the Lexa HD for swimbaits? Interested in getting one.
Use it all the time. No issues. Here it is with a WINN handle. I also still use the OG 300 HS. Tatula HD 200 and 100. Have fun!
Go Big or Go Home!
http://calfishing.com/gallery/v/members/bassindon69/basspics/
FeatherRivGuy

Post by FeatherRivGuy »

I’ve hooked small striper up to 10#’s and had no problems on King salmon this year with mine. 300WN.
mark poulson

Post by mark poulson »

bassindon69 wrote:
DayzDynastyfishing wrote:Any of you guys use the Lexa HD for swimbaits? Interested in getting one.
Use it all the time. No issues. Here it is with a WINN handle. I also still use the OG 300 HS. Tatula HD 200 and 100. Have fun!
Nice fish!
Attitude plus effort equal success
CLEAN AND DRY
DanIsaac

Post by DanIsaac »

DayzDynastyfishing wrote:
Steve L wrote:Don't bother. I have two that I sent to Daiwa for some answers. The problem; the reel will sometimes engage in mid-cast. Of course, when this happens, it's easy to break off expensive swimbaits. Daiwa neither fixed the problem or gave any answer to remedy the problem. They were aware of the issues and told me, it is something that just happens. They returned the reels back to me. I took them to the water and promptly snapped off a Triple Trout. They're in my garage and you can have them. On a positive note, the Tatula reels are pretty good.
Thanks for the response.. What model tatula do you use? Still looking for a good reel for glidebaits
Tranx 300... Bullet proof.
ReelEx, your source for quality, professional service on your Shimano, Lews, or Revo reels.

Guaranteed 96 hr turnaround on service.
650-454-4938 http://www.reel-ex.com
mark poulson

Post by mark poulson »

DanIsaac wrote:
DayzDynastyfishing wrote:
Tranx 300... Bullet proof.
Dan, what do you think might be causing the premature engaging of the spool?
Attitude plus effort equal success
CLEAN AND DRY
DanIsaac

Post by DanIsaac »

Weak clutch....
ReelEx, your source for quality, professional service on your Shimano, Lews, or Revo reels.

Guaranteed 96 hr turnaround on service.
650-454-4938 http://www.reel-ex.com